Games > Role-Playing Games

Personal Favorites?

<< < (2/2)

Nicadymus:
Glad to hear that there is someone else out there who revels in the occasional dose of blood-shed and mayhem that typcially accompaines the joys of All Flesh Must be Eaten.  The zomies of that game some of the best of all the undead in any RPG I have played.  :D

Slant:
My favorite aspect of All Flesh is that it can be played either as a straight horror game or as a tongue-in-cheek parody.  The archtypes are perhaps the best part of the book.  I strongly recommend the supplement "Enter the Zombie" for any fan of the game, and eagerly await the upcoming "Pulp Zombie" which is already a wee bit late.  In our last game I re-created Jason Vorhees (perfectly do-able within the context of the rules) and had him challenging the players who were all members of a futuristic hockey-style bloodsport (as I said, it works best as parody).

My gaming group has actually gone retro this year: we have been playing a "basic" D&D game that is actually one of the most entertaining fantasy games we have played in years.  We started in April and we are all about 7th level by now.  I am having more fun playing my "elf" classed character than any 3rd edition ranger or sorcerer.  I will not rest until Raelthorne has reached 10th level (maximum for the elf class).

Nicadymus:
Parody is a great alternative to horror.  The guy who is GMing this game makes reference to every Zombie movie that I have seen, and often pokes a little fun at them as well.  The humor in the game always makes it worth playing.

Slant:
Just to let you all know, there will be a new worldbook for All Flesh within the next month or so detailing the Wild West, zombie style.  It looks like a lot of fun, but I still want to know whatever happened to the Pulp Zombie book that was supposed to have come out.

Nicadymus:
Thanks for the update on the new release for All Flesh Must Be Eaten. I may have to look into getting that one.

As far as Pulp Zombie goes, I haven' t found anything new on its release. I will let you know if I do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version