Games > Video Games

Greek Game Ban

<< < (3/3)

Spriggan:
From MMcafe.com:
I received an interesting report from a frequent visitor to Greece, who's currently there on his annual vacation. It seems that, as a number of sites reported 24-72 hours after the first notification of the news, only Arcades and related gambling spot machines have been effected by the new bill.

"All that has been banned are the gambling machines in arcades and most arcades have been forced to close because they repeastedly ignored government warnings that gambling and modifying arcade boards to include electronic slot machines is illegal. Video games on home consoles, computers, and handhelds is unaffected entirely. Every shop that I've been to has confirmed this and sales are still going strong over here. Though there is increased government pressure not just here but in all of Europe to curb piracy which runs rampant over here."

Fellfrosch:
Wow--there's some very premature reporting going on, if what that guy says is true. Hard to believe that abc news would mess up so badly, but it's even harder to believe the ban was as big as it was reported.

Slant:
The weird part is that we all found it so easy to believe even though it really DID sound like nonsense to begin with.  Just goes to show you how even the brightest people have a tendency to believe anything they are told without knowing if it is actually fact or fiction.

Hey, did I mention I slew a dragon this morning?

Prometheus:
Only one dragon?

Faulty/biased media reporting is one of the reasons I'm starting to become a big fan of C-SPAN. There, everyone you hear talk is heavily biased, but you at least get both sides...and you don't have to go through the second hand filtering. (see brainwashing) If nothing else, it's at least a good TV station to leave on while you're doing other things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version