Author Topic: Punisher  (Read 1755 times)

MasterShake

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • U WANNA SHAKE I'LL TAKE IT TO YA!!!
    • View Profile
Punisher
« on: February 09, 2005, 07:14:36 PM »
Ok so I have read all the emails and the responses to my posts and I will fix all the "u's" instead of "you" and all the caps...but anyway I want to buy this game and I keep getting mixed reviews...some say bad and stupid while others say its awesome. Anyone who has played it can you tell me if it is good or not or give me links. thanx

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Punisher
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 07:40:48 PM »
I haven't played it, but I've heard more bad than good.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 07:54:09 PM »
I played the demo. It was just... an uninteresting, bland version of Max payne. Without the bullettime or shootdodging. You could dual wield though...

Mmm. Max payne. Maybe I should play that again... /me twitches gently
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

MasterShake

• Level 4
  • U WANNA SHAKE I'LL TAKE IT TO YA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 09:12:04 PM »
yea thanx I heard that alot too some people even said it was as if created by the same creators of Max Payne but without hte "goodness". lol

n8sumsion

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 10:28:54 AM »
I know MoreDew picked up a copy. I don't know if he's had time to play it yet, considering his schedule at school. I've read reviews kind of all over the spectrum, some editors really liked it, others didn't. If you're a big fan of the character, I'd say give it a go. If you were able to sit through the entire movie, I'd say you could probably endure the game (and if you were able to sit through both the Dolph Lundgren movie and the Thomas Jane movie, why haven't you bought the game yet?). If you're not a big Punisher fan though, I don't know that there would be anything in the game worth seeing. One of it's big key selling points is that the story is written by Garth Ennis and Jimmy Palmiotti, the regular writers of the comic. If that doesn't mean anything to you, I wouldn't stress about getting the game.

MoreDew

• Level 6
  • Fire up the woodchipper, it's punishment time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 12:27:34 PM »
yeah, I bought this game on the day it came out and I love it!  There's nothing quite like coming home from a hard, stressful day and starting the game to punish some baddies.  I have no complaints about the game.  It's basically pretty simple, kill everyone you see, but the main attraction is all the different ways you can kill people.  You also have to interrogate people to get them to spill information.  The interrogation techniques include several different ways of "persuasion."  This is one of the most violent games I've played; it's right up there with Manhunt and GTA.

If you like violent games, like the Punisher, then get the game.  I definately recommend it.  I haven't played Max Payne so I don't know if they're similar or not.
gimme a tattoo of a butt, with a butt-shaped tattoo, right on my butt!

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 12:28:55 PM »
I heard a rumor that you were supposed to have the freedom of the GTA San Andres game.  Is this true?
Boogie woogie woogie!!

MoreDew

• Level 6
  • Fire up the woodchipper, it's punishment time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 12:32:09 PM »
No, you don't really have the freedom to wander around and do want you want.  Or least I'm not that far in the game to tell.  I just passed the fourth mission.  I don't have much time to play the game as much as I would want.
gimme a tattoo of a butt, with a butt-shaped tattoo, right on my butt!

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 12:34:46 PM »
Thanks MoreDew
Boogie woogie woogie!!