Alternate Realities > What's this?

Contemplating starting a new ORPG

<< < (2/2)

The Jade Knight:
Don't want to play in the Warhammer World?  What does that mean?  =รพ

No, but when I don't want warhammer, I RP in non-board ways.  Because there's such a writing commitment to board-based RPing, I generally don't want to have to learn a whole new world to do so.

And besides, I'm currently the Lord Inquisitor of the Imperial Inquisition, perhaps the most powerful guild on the WHOL forums (though I would attribute my position in the Inquisition, as well as its status, largely to situational luck).  It's terribly entertaining belonging to a society burning heretics.  Never gets old.

Mr_Pleasington:
I love Mystara.

I have multiple copies of the best edition of D&D, the Rule Compendium, which feature the setting.  I also have a copule of ebooks.

Would this be run with old school D&D?

42:
I think I would have liked to have done this with OD&D rules. But I have yet to have recieved significant interest in the idea.

Their's a lot of stuff I like about the OD&D world. I'm now conteplating getting some of the old modules and then running a long session with my in-person group. Maybe a 24-hour session or something like that.

I guess if enough people are interested, we could still start a board version.

Archon:
I don't know how exactly it works, as I have never played a forum rpg before, but it would be interesting to try.

Mr_Pleasington:
I'd certainly be in but I would warn you that any version of  D&D is incredibly difficult to run over message boards.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version