Author Topic: Return of the King  (Read 11609 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Return of the King
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2005, 11:36:28 AM »
no, entropy, it would not. It would be like TV stations blanking out a commonly used but vulgar term. Which... wait... they DO that!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2005, 11:39:17 AM »
An extremely common vulgar netspeak term. That's a little different than, like, like.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2005, 12:05:27 PM »
Shrug. It'll be fun to watch newcomers try and say it, see the filter, and leave muttering about censorship.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2005, 12:14:19 PM »
riiiiiiiiiight. Because direct personal abuse does such an effective job of sending them away that having a single acronym edited will drive them away in hoardes.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2005, 01:11:07 PM »
Yes, because I was so directly confrontational with mastershake. Oh wait... no I wasn't. You were more confrontational than I was.

And you underestimate how little tolerance people have for things being done in a way they disagree with. Most net - people I know would see wtf edited and immediately delete the bookmark.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 01:12:35 PM by Charlie82 »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2005, 01:16:30 PM »
calm down ent. I wasn't saying that you were directly confrontational with mastershake. I said that newbies are directly insulted, and they don't leave. That's it. Do you argue that?

it's a private location. it is not a public location. We have standards against language. We've had complaints about the usage before. The answer, then, is to edit it. I don't understand why that is so harsh.

People disagree with being insulted. Yes, they do. See any newbie's response to how we moderate. Yet they don't leave. I have to assume you don't know the average sort of person, because the behavior you're describing hasn't been happening. Are you just mad because you want to use that acronym and now can't on the forum? You've been edited before and didn't whine about it like this.