Author Topic: X3  (Read 10498 times)

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
Re: X3
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2005, 11:20:52 PM »
Yes, metal-winged Angel is also known as Archangel. Which also makes his name cooler than Angel. And yes Colossus showed up in the second movie, during the siege of the mansion.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2005, 12:01:57 AM »
Collosus was supposed to be the same age as all the other kids... just bigger for his age.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2005, 12:08:08 AM »
The problem with the metal-winged angel, known as Archangel, is that Archangel is evil. He is also know as death and is one of the four horsemen of Apocolypse.

Course, Apocolypse could make a cool villan for this next movie. Though I think that it is going to be the Sentinels.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2005, 12:14:31 AM »
Even as an evil character I liked Archangel.  He was an angsty villian.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2005, 07:50:09 AM »
But 42, weren't the Sentinels produced by Henry Gyrich? If so, he died in the first movie, and Mystique took his place, that is how they captured Senator Kelly.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2005, 08:45:00 AM »
Thing about Marvel, and most comic books, is they isn't one contiunity, for example in the last X-Men cartoon SHEILD made the Sentinals.

If you check marvels site they have them made by someone named Trask.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2005, 09:07:31 AM »
My vote for a woman would be Blink, but Psylocke is a close second. As long as we don't have Jubilee, I'm fine.

Jubilee shows up for a moment in an X2 deleted scene. Hopefully, that's all we'll see of her.

Y'know who'd make a great bad guy? Apocalypse. Or Sinestro. I'm all over the sfx that'd take.

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2005, 09:55:24 AM »
Though I'd love to see Apocolypse as the villian, having some random-evil-bad-human create the Sentinels in the third movie makes more sense since Mutants are becoming more known.  And it's not a big stretch to see the President approve of the Sentinels after that scary meeting they gave him at the end of X2.

As for the characters - I just want to see a flying, tough Rogue.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 09:58:39 AM by Tekiel »
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2005, 09:56:11 AM »
Um, you mean Mister Sinister, right? Sinestro is a DC character.

And Sprig is right that there really isn't a lot of continuity in Marvel. Not that DC is much better. Since most of their popular characters have been around for 40 or 60 years or even longer, they've retold the same stories over and over again with slight variations.

Anyways, there were all kinds of hints about the sentinal program in the last movie. And the creation of the sentinals get credited to Trask most often, though their are numorous people involved.

Also, Jubilee is in a deleted scene from the first movie as well. Placing her in deleted scenes a good place for her, unless they do some serious character rewriting for her.

I agree with e, in that I think Apocolypse would make a cool villian.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2005, 09:56:50 AM »
I have to agree with SE's Typo there, lets just dump the X-men for a JLA movie.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2005, 10:08:18 AM »
one day my typing errors will rule the universe

A JLA flick would kick so much butt it can't even be calculated. I cannot hardly believe it. I am not even kidding. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, GL and the Flash all in the same movie? Don't even tell me that even the inclusion of Aquaman would ruin that.

They could even lead up to it. Do a couple "World's Finest" movies with just Supes and Bats. Then introduce the others a couple of times. Aw yah.

also, they should do some Elseworlds movies. That would RULE.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2005, 10:41:42 AM »
Well, DC and Marvel have different contracts with different movie distribution companies. So a JLA movie may be a ways off. Though there have been talks, especially after the success of X-Men.

The success of Spider-man kind of killed a lot of DC projects. Plus, Marvel is more popular that DC with the general populous.

I wouldn't really say that X-Men is the same as JLA. The X-Men are kind of all a bunch of freaks who live and work together, and the individuals in the X-Men may or may not be heroes. JLA is a bunch of already established crime-fighters who work together. The X-Men are not necessarily crime-fighters. JLA is more equivilent to the Avengers, than to the X-Men. IMHO

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2005, 10:54:42 AM »
I want a transmetropolitan movie, with Patrick Stewart as Spider. That would rock.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2005, 11:05:47 AM »
one day my typing errors will rule the universe

A JLA flick would kick so much butt it can't even be calculated. I cannot hardly believe it. I am not even kidding. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, GL and the Flash all in the same movie? Don't even tell me that even the inclusion of Aquaman would ruin that.

They could even lead up to it. Do a couple "World's Finest" movies with just Supes and Bats. Then introduce the others a couple of times. Aw yah.

*nods*

Well if they do a good job of casting for the Wonder Woman movie, they'd already have their actor there.  Then they could reuse the actors from the new superman and batman movies and you've got half the thing cast already.  Who should play GL though?
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2005, 11:37:12 AM »
me. I should.

No, seriously, GL should be played by someone you don't normally think of as heroic and they should do the Kyle Raynor GL.