Author Topic: X3  (Read 10497 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: X3
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2005, 06:14:56 PM »
I'm waiting for Cyclops to be more than set dressing.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 07:34:05 PM »
As long as wolverine is in a movie then Cyclopse will never be anything but his pool boy.

As for someone who could play Beast, I'd hope they'd get someone classicaly trained in Shakespear since my view of him is from the old Cartoon that allwayse had him talking like that.

Gambit is a hard one, they should at least someone who can go a good Cajin accent.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2005, 07:41:11 PM »
Who is Madelyne Pryor?

Madelyne Pryor is the Sinister clone of Jean who gets married to Cyclops and is the mother of Cable. Then when Pheonix comes along, she gets dumped by Cyclops, eventually gets killed and comes back as the Goblin Queen. Tries to kill the X-men, then ends up joining them for awhile, then she dies again.

In fact, if you count all of her alternate personas, clones, and impersonators--Jean Grey dies a lot. Course, she gets married to Cyclops, can you blame her?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 07:42:15 PM by 42 »
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2005, 09:01:07 PM »
As long as wolverine is in a movie then Cyclopse will never be anything but his pool boy.

Course, she gets married to Cyclops, can you blame her?

Wow, what does everyone have against Cyclops?
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2005, 09:07:01 PM »
He's not Wolverine
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

MoreDew

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Fire up the woodchipper, it's punishment time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2005, 09:14:40 PM »
Cyclops is a putz.  All he does is moan over Jean Gray and complain.  He's a poor excuse of a leader.
gimme a tattoo of a butt, with a butt-shaped tattoo, right on my butt!

Rican

• Level 5
  • What the hell am I?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2005, 09:40:11 PM »
Cy blow.  As for angle being a girl - What up with that?  The X-men world is so big why don't they pick some other female charater from the comice books and have be in the film and the angle be played by a male role.  Also does anyone known who is all going to in the film from the last film

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2005, 09:56:57 PM »
Cyclops just gets annoying, plus most of the other X-Men are cooler. But he is one of the original X-Men and is one of the more iconic members.

In my view, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Storm are the most iconic X-men, all be it, not the most interesting X-men

The only confirmed people are Famke Janssen as some form of Jean Grey, and Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.  I would think that Anna Panquin and Sean Ashmore would be coming back. Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan said they won't commit until they have read the movie script. Halle Berry has said she would be in it if her scheadule permitted it.

As for adding other women X-Men to the movie. My vote would be for Shadowcat or Psylock.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2005, 10:34:15 PM »
I'm just kind of happy that everyone cares so much to argue about it.  I'm not kidding, I like that everyone cares so much about this movie.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2005, 10:41:51 PM »
My vote for a woman would be Blink, but Psylocke is a close second. As long as we don't have Jubilee, I'm fine.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2005, 10:46:22 PM »
Anna Paquin is hot. I'll see the movie if she's in it.

Though sadly I'm still yet to see X2.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2005, 10:46:53 PM »
I don't think that they could do Shadowcat in this one 42, or at least not as a member of the team. In the last one, during the assault on the mansion, they showed Kitty Pride and she was still a little girl (Correct me if this name is wrong, it has been about 8 years since I learned this)
Psylocke would be pretty interesting, although there are already two telepaths in the movies, so I doubt she will appear.

On a different note, I hope that if they do Angel, they give him his metal wings. Those were much cooler.
My vote for a woman would be Blink

Who is Blink?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 10:47:56 PM by Archon »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2005, 10:59:05 PM »
Shadowcat is in the first movie. She is older in the first movie, but she is specifically called Kitty.

Not sure who the other girl is in the second movie.

Blink is a teleporter, she's actually part of Generation X, and a member of the X-Men in an alternate reality.

By the way, has anyone heard about who the villian(s) will be in X3?

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2005, 11:07:26 PM »
Supposedly the villain will be Juggernaut. And yeah, I just remembered that, but it presents an interesting contradiction, because Kitty was much younger in the second movie. Unless there is another girl that can phase.
Sorry Fell, but I doubt that Blink will appear, since Nightcrawler is already featured in the movies.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2005, 11:17:36 PM »
Isn't metal-winged Angel known as Archangel?

It's actually been so long since I've seen the cartoons and whatnot that I can't even remember many of the "lesser mutants".  I wonder if Colossus will be coming back.  I thought he was rather cool, though he played a relatively minor role.  However, he was one of the older students, and did see a little action in one of the earlier movies (was it the second?)

And I definitely would like to see Phoenix show up.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."