Author Topic: Hollywood Speculation  (Read 16525 times)

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
Re: Hollywood Speculation
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2008, 07:25:51 PM »
Thank you, Spriggan!
If I had any clue, would I be here?

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2008, 05:42:03 AM »
Hey look at that, this thread just earned the entire forum a ban on changing font size!  Way to go team!

I'm curious...what exactly is the official purpose of changing the font size? I've never seen it used to do anything but this. I apologize if I broke a forum rule or if I caused anyone problems, but I was under the impression that changing font size was for random things like this. And, in my defense, I did keep it to this thread rather than going all over the place. Anyway, if there is an official reason why the feature is there, I would love to hear about it.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2008, 01:46:16 AM »
The feature was there because no one abused it before, and by abuse I mean annoyed me with it.

The people who tend to use it on this site have done so the same way you use it when writing anything, headers, titles layout and so on...you know why print has multiple font sizes like that.  I'm pretty sure when Gutenburg created movable type the use he could think of for it wasn't randomly changing font sizes with no purpose other then being annoying.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2008, 05:42:07 PM »
The feature was there because no one abused it before, and by abuse I mean annoyed me with it.

Must be nice to have the power to eliminate and outlaw whatever happens to annoy you.   :)  Explain to me again why it's Brandon who's the evil overlord, not you?
He ate my horse.

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2008, 01:15:06 AM »
Well, that's the thing about Evil Overlords; it's generally a really good idea to only have one. Competition and all that, you understand. Besides, the Evil Overlord is usually responsible for hashing out plots for dominion and conquest and all that. Other people (like Spriggan) take direct control of what actually happens, freeing the Overlord to further his plans instead of dealing with annoyances.

There... Now honestly, I think this thread is about done with, since we've been off topic for well over 10 posts. Eh? Unless we have more to say about Hollywood Speculation in reference to Brandon Sanderson's books?

bhthomas

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2008, 06:02:54 PM »
I just have one more question concerning hollywood. If Brandon were to sell rights to a mistborn movie or mini series or the like, would he be able to keep some kind of control over it like J.K. Rowling has done with the harry potter movies or does he not  have that kind of control over the franchise(im not sure how Tor handles those kinds of things). It seems to me that when the authors have some kind of say about the final piece it stays truer to the books and the fans are not as disappointed.
I hope it goes well with the movie deal. Best of luck to you Brandon.

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2008, 09:12:01 PM »
I'm curious to see who's going to play Alcatraz Smedry.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2008, 04:13:32 PM »
You mean the voice of Alcatraz, right?  Although it would be cool to have Beuwulf style animation for the movie.  I hope it gets made, although we will be waiting quite some time before it is released.

I don't find it particularly wise to publicly question a webmaster's decision, especially when that webmaster is EUOL's brother.  We got what we deserved, let's move on.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Temujin

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2008, 09:01:53 PM »
Posted on: Yesterday at 10:02:54 AMPosted by: bhthomas 
Insert Quote
I just have one more question concerning hollywood. If Brandon were to sell rights to a mistborn movie or mini series or the like, would he be able to keep some kind of control over it like J.K. Rowling has done with the harry potter movies or does he not  have that kind of control over the franchise(im not sure how Tor handles those kinds of things). It seems to me that when the authors have some kind of say about the final piece it stays truer to the books and the fans are not as disappointed.
I hope it goes well with the movie deal. Best of luck to you Brandon.

From what I remeber from other authers web sites how much control you have is all part of the contract. From what I remember, generally the more control you have the less the pay you for the rights.
WH40K

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2008, 05:42:53 PM »
I don't find it particularly wise to publicly question a webmaster's decision, especially when that webmaster is EUOL's brother.  We got what we deserved, let's move on.

You're absolutely right.  Have mercy on us and forgive us, O All-Powerful Trusted Lieutenant of the Evil Overlord.
He ate my horse.