Author Topic: The First Amendment, as Written by Bart  (Read 2405 times)

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
Re: The First Amendment, as Written by Bart
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 05:46:41 PM »
When I taught college level introductory American Government, the Simpson were used all the time to illustrate varies points about politics, law, and government. The Simpson is more educational then article give it credit. Obviously, people didn't pay close enough attention (or, it was part of my plot to ensure that only lawyers know about the 1st amendment and constitutional rights, which seems to be working).

Seriously, I've known that most American are ignorant about their constitutional rights (big exception for recent immegrants who've passed the citizenship test). On bright side, American's ignorance about the constitution and law is how lawyers, like me, intend to make a living.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 06:29:46 PM »
I missed freedom of petition, but I have always associated that with freedom of press, since petitions are printed documents.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 12:23:36 PM »
Don't worry Archon, you still know more then most Americans.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.