• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: X3
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2005, 05:41:48 PM »
Frasier is playing the Beast!

This could be good, or really annoying, not sure which.

Also Kitty Pryde is in and so is Angel, though casting hasn't been finalized.

They also got everyone to come back from the first two movies. This makes for a large cast which could be very confusing. Course, LotRs had a large cast and it turned out cool.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=31046
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2005, 06:47:55 PM »
Grammer definitely has the voice for Beast, and since his costume is bound to be mostly prosthetic and CG I'm not really worried about him doing the role physically. I'm more worried about bringing in Shadowcat, Angel, Gambit, and Beast, on top of the already enormous cast. Sounds like a hollow marketing strategy: give the audience new characters and they will see it, regardless of story.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2005, 07:08:40 PM »
Ya Kelsey Grammer is perfect vocaly for the Beast.  I'm quite happy about that.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

mulchNator

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • "Let's get the hell out of here"  Army of Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2005, 10:00:23 PM »
Whatever happened to Cathrine-Zeta Jones playing Psylock?  Anybody else heard of this?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2005, 02:22:13 AM »
No, but that would rock.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2005, 10:11:21 AM »
Maggie Grace as Shadowcat? I think her co-star Evangaline Lily would be better suited looks-wise.
It'll be interesting to see who Angel is also.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2005, 11:39:47 AM »
Actually, Maggie Grace as a brunette kind of has the Shadowcat look. Shadowcat is kind of one of those perpetually teenage X-men, so I want to see a younger actress playing her.

Maggie Grace (age 21) is a little younger, making her more age approppriate than Evangeline Lily(25). Maggie Grace is actually a year younger than Anna Paquin (22), but because of the youth serum injected into Anna Paquin when she won her oscar, I doubt it would be noticable on screen.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2005, 02:12:28 PM »

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2005, 02:45:47 PM »
That is sad. Unless it means they pull in an even better director.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2005, 03:36:06 PM »
Wow, that is surprising. I can't believe Vaughn bailed. I just spent 10 minutes reading through this whole thread and the accompanying articles, and I am shocked. First Vaughn was super cocky about it, and then it sounded like he could possibly be good for the movie, and then he pulls out? These Hollywood types are so tempermental.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

CinderEllie

• Level 3
  • Whoever Wrote This Episode Should Die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2005, 08:32:32 PM »

"I was talking to Fox and did say that the only thing about Storm that was better in "X2" than "X-Men" was that she had a better haircut," he says. "I have written her a very big role and hopefully she'll like it."

Oh great, more screen time for Halle. I'm sorry to say this, but since her first major appearance on the TV mini-series Queen, her acting has been pretty blah to me. Too bad. Her recent Catwoman movie was so bad it got tons of nominations for those "Worst of" awards--can't remember the name of those awards. Something like The Goober Awards. Anyway, I thought her acting was pretty forced and boring. So while I'm excited about Kelsey being the Beast, I'm not happy about this.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 08:33:23 PM by CinderEllie »
Nothing beats chocolate on a bad day, unless you're an M&M

Wookie_Wonka

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2005, 01:32:42 PM »
Supposedly, even though they have no director, the studio says "The movie is still right on schedule for its planned May 26, 2006 release".  (Hutch Parker, president of 20th Century Fox)

Former director Vaughan did not want to move his family from London, so he opted to depart the production.  

Wonder if this will be like the next Superman movie? 6 directors before they finally get one.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2005, 01:36:24 PM »
Hi Wookie, nice of you to drop by. Feel free to introduce yourself and read the FAQ, both of which threads are available in the Site News section. I'd provide links, but I'm lazy.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2005, 03:21:44 AM »
I guess movie directors DO grow on trees.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=31138