Author Topic: National Novel Writing Month 2008  (Read 33114 times)

Silk

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
Re: National Novel Writing Month 2008
« Reply #180 on: December 03, 2008, 06:27:15 AM »
Haha. I'll have to see if I can up the ante. Write 30k in one day (I'll pick a day I don't have to work just to REALLY make it sound impressive. ::)

I ...

Didn't actually mean that, did I?

Oh god.

I think I might have.

Clearly, I still haven't recovered from Sunday's little marathon...

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 03, 2008, 06:28:02 AM »
I'll pass the word along if you really want me to.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #182 on: December 03, 2008, 06:30:27 AM »

I was joking. Just for the record.

>>;

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #183 on: December 03, 2008, 06:31:42 AM »
haha. Can you imagine that? He's just sitting there, talking about the books, answering questions, signing, and then "So, someone on the forums has beat your word count. She wrote 25k (or 30k) in one day."....If it were me in his position, I'd think back to writing 24k and the drained feeling....Talk about sympathy...
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 03, 2008, 06:32:46 AM »
I dunno... you sounded pretty serious by that whole"

"Didn't actually mean that, did I?

Oh god.

I think I might have."

So I'm not jumping to conclusions.

Nah, I figure I'll just tell him about your amazing feat, unless you tell me otherwise.  And it won't be in a q&a area, it will be while he signs my book.  As he does so I'll tell him about it.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #185 on: December 03, 2008, 06:35:24 AM »
That's what I meant...In the signing books. That's where I met him. Not at a Q&A (I wish I'd got to go to one of those...). But that almost makes the scene even funnier. I'm just picturing him like how I met him, and this happening...as a bystander, I'd be entertained...
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #186 on: December 03, 2008, 06:36:38 AM »
Haha. Well, I may or may not have been joking about the 30k part. I haven't decided yet.

Maybe that's shooting too high? Should I go for 27k instead?

Haha. You can tell him about it if you really want. It just seems... well, if I were him, I imagine I'd think it were pretty random. XD

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 03, 2008, 06:37:32 AM »
This it true.  I almost want to bring someone with me to record it... wait, wait, I have an idea!  Maybe ask him if I can get him to record a small little "words of wisdom/condolances" for you.  What would you think of that?

I'm more then likely going to tell him, simply becauses I think it will be intresting to see the reaction.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #188 on: December 03, 2008, 06:39:38 AM »
Too high? You wrote 25k in one day....Shouldn't you be making it harder? I say 30....27k is too little an amount to up it. (but what do I know? I have yet to write 5k in one day...)

And I'm curious to see the reaction. I wish I could be there to see it....And a words of wisdom/condolences sounds good...I'd like to hear that one too...

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 03, 2008, 06:41:50 AM »
You know, where it's been over a year (almost two) since the last time he did it, and you're still recovering from yours, I think saying a challenge of 27k wouldn't be too bad.  (Or even simply to do 25k again).  But that's even if you honestly wanted to do it, which I would compleatly understand if you didn't.

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #190 on: December 03, 2008, 06:48:38 AM »
Haha. Oh, I'm totally all for another 25k/27k/30k word challenge. As long as I can get some outlining done before then, that is.

I still don't see why EUOL particularly has to know about it, but if you WANT to tell him, go for it, I guess :P

Edit: Um... Should we maybe move this over to the Word War thread now? We've kind of taken over the NaNo thread and tgat might be a bit more appropriate anyway.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 03, 2008, 06:49:26 AM »
In the end it is up to you.  If you feel like you don't want me to say anything, I really won't.

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #192 on: December 03, 2008, 06:51:18 AM »
Haha, oh, it really doesn't matter to me. I dunno if he'll say anything more than "that's cool" but you can if you want I guess. It just seems like it might sorta be awkward for both of you. :P

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 03, 2008, 06:47:44 PM »
How do I make the little nanowrimo 2008 thing show up on my profile? I got the email saying I had been awarded it, but I don't know h0w to make it show up.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 03, 2008, 08:11:52 PM »
How do I make the little nanowrimo 2008 thing show up on my profile? I got the email saying I had been awarded it, but I don't know h0w to make it show up.

View your profile and where it says view awards click on it, then select your award.
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)