Author Topic: National Novel Writing Month 2008  (Read 33120 times)

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Re: National Novel Writing Month 2008
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2008, 03:52:39 AM »
Oh, geez...Imagine doing it 3 days in row. Or even 4. Wow. 100k words in 4 days. I wonder if it's ever been done....Probably. But I doubt it's happened very often. I can tell you, it's not something I'm going to try.....although, it would be a pretty amazing feat.

But what am I saying? 25k in ONE day is an amazing feat. Seriously, Raethe, you should get an award just for THAT.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2008, 04:35:26 AM »
Jeez, you guys keep upping the ante, don't you? If I kill myself trying to actually do something like that, I'm blaming you. (From beyond the grave. Yes. I will come back just to tell you how it was all your fault.)

Haha. Thank you! <3

Honestly I think the tremendous amount of FUN I had pulling that last day (well and the 25k words I didn't have before) are award enough.

And the bragging rights. I'm kind of enjoying those too. :P

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2008, 04:50:33 AM »
I was wrong about this, so I have edited to admit so.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 05:21:02 AM by firstChristmaSnow »
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2008, 04:54:21 AM »
Pfft. Sanderson doesn't count; he's crazy.

. . .

.  .  .  .

No, Raethe, no... must... not... regard... as ... challenge...

dsisdgoijxsdf9iqwer

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2008, 05:01:52 AM »
*using Jedi mind powers*

Yes, Raethe. Yes. Do regard as challenge.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2008, 05:08:27 AM »
dgahogjwdts

"These aren't the word counts you're looking for... move along"

Hahah.

You people are crazy, and trying to egg me on to do crazy things. I won't stand for it!

I'll spend the next few days outlining and see what I can do.

;  ;

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2008, 05:13:07 AM »
I don't know WHY I'm egging you on....I mean, we're about to be competitors, and I've already seen how horrible I do in writing contests or whatever....But oh well. I actually want to see how much you can write this month, now that you know you can whip out 25k in one day....

"May the words be with you." (Not as cool as your word count/droid quote change, but still decent....)

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2008, 05:16:27 AM »
*grins* Because really, competition is your bread and butter. The ambroesia of your days and nights.

You loooooove it.

(I actually made a decent Star Wars joke. Whee!)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2008, 05:20:32 AM »
Wait!!!  I stand corrected!!! Raethe, you are the offical reigning champ.  Quote from the blog:

I spent yesterday in a marathon write.  Got up at seven, wrote until three am, with some breaks in between to do stuff like eat and talk to my wife.  It's kind of funny the feeling I had when I was finally done, at three.  I'd written some 24k words that day, and it was like I'd forcibly ripped every bit of creativity and imagination out of my brain and stuck it on the page.  My head throbbed, and I had trouble thinking about anything at all.  Very strange.  I should have fallen asleep right away, but instead I just lay there, feeling numb. 

It wasn't like it was hard during the actual writing process.  Everything came easily and flowed rather well.  It's just that when I was finished, if felt really, really drained.  More so than other times.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2008, 05:23:25 AM »
Bwahah! Booyah!

The thought of me bein' able to keep pace with EUOL in writing is pretty crazy.

That being said - hah. I know EXACTLY how he felt now.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #175 on: December 03, 2008, 06:03:17 AM »
Actually, you make a good point. I am a rather competitive person....assuming I know I have the slimmest of chances, anyway....so maybe I'll just spend December racing against RainbowRose, and hope that maybe SOMEHOW I can catch up to you....

And wow. You beat even Brandon. That's pretty amazing. If I'd known about this before last Saturday, I might've mentioned to him when I saw him at the signing....I might've said "You've got a challenger for most words written in a day. One person wrote 25k, and it sounds to me like that's throwing the gauntlet...." or something...I would've tried to make it more clever, but....yeah....It's a shame I didn't know. I'd would've liked to hear his response...

Ya know, the funny thing is, after reading that blog quote, I'm almost curious to try writing that much, just to experience that drained, numb feeling....

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2008, 06:18:44 AM »
Hahaha. Well, if you'd said it to him last week, it would have been a lie.

I WOULD be rather interested to see what he has to say though. Even he knows he writes like a madman. ::)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 03, 2008, 06:20:56 AM »
Well, I can more then likely tell you on the sixth.  :D  He'll be doing a signing near by (like a few blocks from where I live) and I've been needing to get a paperback copy of AvEL, so I might mention it while I'm there.

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #178 on: December 03, 2008, 06:22:42 AM »
*facepalm*

Oh god. XD

"So, uhh, this girl you don't know, she like, totally wrote more than you did..."

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2008, 06:24:20 AM »
Nah it will be more like "So, someone on the forums has beat your word count total.  she wrote over 25k in one day.  Pretty cool, eh?"