Author Topic: Stuffed Mushrooms for Dinner  (Read 3955 times)

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
Re: Stuffed Mushrooms for Dinner
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2004, 09:35:13 PM »
broiled salmon... whenever i cook salmon i usually baste it in honeymustard and dill and serve it with a side of mased potatoes(no gravy) and steamed asparagus with holondaze sauce. also morrel mushrooms are great for stuffing because they have a strong flavour and they are hollow. if anyone would like t o request a recipe i would gladly give them one, but dont expect exact measurments cuz I also like to eyeball it.
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2004, 10:11:31 PM »
ok, too... much... pork

When I make chops, I pig out. Pork Chops, even very hastily prepared like these were (with just season salt, Lawry's or McCormick always), have an amazing flavor, and I eat too much. three chops. After downing them (as well as some of those grilled peppers, thanks for the idea Sprig... they turned out great, still juicy and crisp, but definitely grilled), I remembered I had eaten ham for lunch.

So I think I've had my pork quota for the next year or so. But man, that excess was good.

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2004, 10:15:08 PM »
Yes! finally someone sees the geius of broiled(or grilled) porkchops with lowrys seasoned salt!!! you should try them with a lil lemon it's incredible, I also eat an excess of pork chops, but hey they is  good!!!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2004, 10:21:04 PM »
look boy, I've been making those pork chops since before you were born. (sorry, my age just gets to me occasionally)

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2004, 10:23:15 PM »
I never refuted that. I just suggested lemon...,

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2004, 10:24:55 PM »
/me refuses to take advice from anyone who hasn't marinated a steak in, separately or together, honey and root beer.

(that's not entirely true, but it helps)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2004, 10:28:36 PM »
Uh, I marinated swordfish in cream soda and (on a seperate occasion) honey, does that count?  And it was good, by the way, for all who wish to try...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 10:29:45 PM by GorgontheWonderCow »
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2004, 10:31:21 PM »
what if it was cream soda not root beer?
first make cranberry sauce out of sugar boiled cranberries cream soda and cinnamon, next take one lean(filemignon) steak, marinade steak in cranberry sauce and put in oven. serve with winter/spring vegetables carrots potatoes etc. it is delicious.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2004, 11:27:47 PM »
Epazote
This is a very aggressively fragranced and flavored herb that takes some time to get friendly with. Like cilantro, it has a tenacity that is best mellowed by cooking. Its pungency is well complimented by beans, and it has a mellowing effect on other intense spices. Use of this herb dates back to Aztecan times, though its potency is greatly magnified by two "old-world" spices: cumin and cilantro. In fact, this group of three is usually the "secret, special something" that is detected in both southern Mexican and Caribbean foods.

Coriander is the seed of the Cilantro Plant (Coriandrum sativum) and used as ingredient in Gingerbread, but still a relative newcomer the the USA (like cilantro) the spice dates back to classical times and was popular with the Romans mainly because it was good at settling the stomach. Their small, and yellowish brown, I throw em in an old peppermill and grind them before I use them....

Sherry is a fortified spanish wine that I like to use to deglase my pans with, its really great with fish dishes and helps to bring out the flavor of savory and spicy herbs.

Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2004, 11:39:10 PM »
Ok they call monkfish the poor mans lobster with good reason, its cheap and when cooked takes on the same color and texture or lobster. This dish is one I altered from the Naked Chef but still fantastic. Go out and buy 1/2 a pound of monkfish and some good bread from a local bakery (ciabatta from an italian bakery would be best) get some large rosemary bunches (the kind that have good soild sticks) and trim them into skewers. Get some lean bacon or pancetta too. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees farenheit. Tear up the monkfish and bread (without the crust) into one inch squares. Season the monkfish and bread chunks with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil, crush a clove or two of garlic and add some shredded and bruised basil and mix it in to the bowl with everything. Put the bread and fish on the skewers and wrap them loosely with the bacon. then bake them for 15-20 minutes.

While its cooking make a nice salad of radichio, button mushrooms, yellow bell pepper and grape tomatoes.

When the skewers are done put a little balsamic vinegar on them and eat piping hot.

Its really, really good.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2004, 12:20:00 AM »
Wow, look at all these guys, even young ones, with all their cooking ability. I'm impressed. Young newbies, you just remember how, if a girl giving a boy food is the way to a man's heart, a guy knowing how to cook well is the way to a woman's.  :D
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2004, 12:22:19 AM »
this is true, morgane said one of her favorite things about me is my great cooking.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2004, 12:30:02 AM »
There is something primal about it, a better way to feel like you provide for your loved one. Cooking is personal, and doing it for someone well requires lots of thought. So girls dig it.