Author Topic: Call for Articles the Next  (Read 57895 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Call for Articles the Next
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2005, 03:13:15 AM »
Well, I've sent a query to Green Ronin to get their blessing on my adventure. Hopefully I hear back from them soon. After that, we can publish it, we hope.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2005, 06:45:02 AM »
I know green ronin has a bit up on their website saying they are not accepting book or adventure submissions but I can't see them taking offence to you putting it up here.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2005, 11:47:20 AM »
Yeah, I really think they'll go for it--we're not asking them to publish, just to approve it.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2005, 06:16:28 PM »
Just submitted my review for the WFRP GM's Pack.

Bestiary is up next.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2005, 07:24:48 PM »
Damnit! :P I was meaning to do a double review of the GM and character packs. Though I still could, of course.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2005, 02:07:53 AM »
I'm just upholding my end of the bargain Fell offered.  Review of the GM Pack, Bestiary, and Ashes of Middenheim in exchange for that last book.

On another note, NA NA NA NA BOO BOO!

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2005, 12:48:23 PM »
Well, that whole Narnia press release thing didn't work very well.

It's nice to limit posting to one a day in order to stretch out our meager written material but I suppose we'll just have to do two things at once occasionally in order to avoid the Narnia scenario.  My fault incidentally on the Narnia thing. I gave Fell a wrong impression of the release's time sensitivity.

Movie stuff tends to be generally more time sensitive.  Should we just plan on posting movie things the soonest possible moment, whether it means doubling up or not?  The big exception to the soon as possible rule would be reviews of old movies that have been in the rental space for a while already.  But that's about the only exception I can see.  To that end, I'll continue to give Fell as much advance warning as possible on Press screenings and pre-release DVD reviews.
What say ye?
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2005, 12:59:26 PM »
I don't mind doubling up at all, but I really should have read the thing so that I knew it had to go up last Friday instead of this Friday. When Sprig mentioned in the forum that the trailer was up, I thought, "hm, I wonder what that article is about?" and read it, and realized we'd missed the boat. In the future, just tell me when to post things like this and I'll do it--press releases don't really deserve their own day anyway.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2005, 01:12:01 PM »
roger dodger.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2005, 01:12:49 PM »
The only thing about movies doubling up, that I see, is that we don't want to have two on one day and nothing on another. Usually this can be worked around if we have advanced notice of what's coming in so we'll know if we have the material (as we definitely do right now) to spare an extra article or not. If not, then we know we need to change days on something.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2005, 01:16:55 PM »
I don't really think it's that big of deal to post two articles one day and then nothing the next. As long as articles keep coming I don't really see the problem. A lot of websites will skip a day occassionally.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2005, 02:14:04 PM »
As it stands now, we have a full schedule at least three weeks in advance, with plenty of stuff waiting in the wings. I don't think we're in danger of dropping a day anytime soon.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2005, 02:28:48 PM »
I don't really think it's that big of deal to post two articles one day and then nothing the next. As long as articles keep coming I don't really see the problem. A lot of websites will skip a day occassionally.

and it's irritating. You can count on regular visitors better if you have regular content. Daily = better than staggared.

and yeah, like I said and fell repeated, right now that's not an issue. It was several months ago when I was doing the posting though.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2005, 02:31:21 PM »
This is our third week using the "three week advance schedule" system, and it's working really well--maybe we should tell other people about this phenomenal new "planning ahead" stuff we've discovered. I think it could be big.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2005, 03:16:49 PM »
huge. Bigger even than my ego.