Author Topic: Sad day.  (Read 10142 times)

Ararana

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Sad day.
« on: April 01, 2008, 07:19:37 PM »
Why is it not October? MB3 I can feel the months between us!

Sorry, I'm still on a high from finishing MB2.  ;)

achren99

• Level 4
    • View Profile
Re: Sad day.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 07:35:50 PM »
I agree -- it's SO far away.  I'm going to be in Rochester, NY then and who knows if they'll even have enough copies in their bookstores?  I'm used to being in Provo where they have 10 million signed copies.  I've been spoiled :(.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 12:09:56 AM »
heh. You know what would've been a *really* good April Fool's? Announce that Hero of Ages is going to be released several months early. Now that might've had people fooled longer than the movie deal.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 12:52:14 AM »
You should pre-order it on Amazon. I personally think it helps relieve some of the stress of waiting, because you've technically already purchased it.  ;D
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 02:59:51 AM »
I know, I felt better when I did.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 04:04:24 AM »
I know that Nessa offered last year to pick some copies up for people.  I don't know if she'll be doing that this year, but even if she doesn't as long as people pay for their own books and shipping I'd be willing to grab some while at the release.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 12:20:27 AM »
I doubt there would be a release anywhere near me.  But I got my amazon copy, so it's all good.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

achren99

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 07:04:37 PM »
Yeah, no pre order for me because I don't even know my address in Rochester yet.  I'll survive though (and order it as soon as I know where I'll be living).

Eudaimoniac

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 09:27:32 AM »
Brandon cannot even be ordered in bookstores in my country, so i'll have to get the Amazon copy...

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 01:24:58 AM »
I just hope this one is on time, my harry potter was a week late.
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 05:39:48 AM »
I doubt it won't be on time, the date's already been pushed back once.  Besides that, all this time in between the release gives you plenty of time to introduce more family and friends to the books.  Then they can share in your anticipation.  Or hate you for it like mine do.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 06:19:38 AM »
My family and friends aren't much into fantasy, I did get someone to read elantris.
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 10:59:40 PM »
I doubt it won't be on time, the date's already been pushed back once.  Besides that, all this time in between the release gives you plenty of time to introduce more family and friends to the books.  Then they can share in your anticipation.  Or hate you for it like mine do.

Wow, I have that same problem. Glad I'm not the only one....
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 11:11:31 PM »
Well they hate me even more because I read WoA about a year before it came out, and HoA about four months after that, and despite numerous attempts I've remained tight lipped.  It's actually pretty funny though, because through trying to convert people I actually found out that I'm friends with Shrain's cousin, and that I'm also friends with someone whose older sister is also an alpha reader, though I have no idea who. 
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 06:38:44 PM »
Well they hate me even more because I read WoA about a year before it came out, and HoA about four months after that, and despite numerous attempts I've remained tight lipped.  It's actually pretty funny though, because through trying to convert people I actually found out that I'm friends with Shrain's cousin, and that I'm also friends with someone whose older sister is also an alpha reader, though I have no idea who. 
LOL. Yeah, that was odd to find out you are friends w/ my cuz. (I hope she's not the one who phoned you at 4pm and wrested you from your nap, etc., etc. as mentioned on the grumpy thread post.)

And it is sort of bittersweet to have read the entire series. Extolling the awesomeness of the series can be a bit strange at times because, of course, those who are "converted" get all grumpy that they have to wait for the next one. Can't blame 'em though.  
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 07:01:17 PM by Shrain »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT