Author Topic: Column: The Nerdery #4  (Read 2586 times)

n8sumsion

Re: Column: The Nerdery #4
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2004, 02:38:38 PM »
My attempts to score with the hot gaming chick were never pitiful... they were just never successful...

MoreDew

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Fire up the woodchipper, it's punishment time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2004, 03:12:19 PM »
I think the hot gaming chicks realize that all the gamers that hit on them are imagining them in bikini chain mail armor... oh wait, that was me.
gimme a tattoo of a butt, with a butt-shaped tattoo, right on my butt!

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2004, 10:56:57 PM »
See, he doesn't do that - not int hat way anyway. I was thinking of getting into Magic, and he's like. "Don't, it's just a huge Cash sink." I've seen him recommend Magic to other people though. He tells you what you should and shouldn't play, based on what he thinks you'd like. And he's good at it. It helps that it's a really social store.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

MoreDew

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2004, 12:10:36 AM »
Does anyone know if Hastur's hobbies is still in SLC on State Street?  The guy that owned the place was crazy.  When I went in there for the first time, he immediately started talking to me and following me around the store and commenting on everything that I picked up to look at.  What a freak.  I never went back because  I was too afraid at what he might do next.  I was afraid that I might become the next sacrifice for the great Cthulhu
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 12:11:48 AM by MoreDew »

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2004, 11:31:16 AM »
Hastur is arguably the biggest game store in Utah, and I have to say that I've never had any problems in there. Of course, I've never seen the owner, so that could explain it.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

MoreDew

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2004, 12:57:45 AM »
I have to admit that I was very impressed with all the stuff in the store.  I believe that Hastur's is the biggest gaming store I've been to .  I know where to go if I want Cthulhu stuff.  However, because the owner was so eager to help or to talk or to get me to buy something, I became a little disenchanted with the place.