Author Topic: Your funniest RPG moment  (Read 3205 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Your funniest RPG moment
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2004, 03:52:20 PM »
I've talked to Encore and it turns out they've had a ton of big scary shipping problems with Sacred. We think it's all been worked out now, and we shuold have a copy to give away by the end of next week.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Heahengel

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2004, 06:01:07 PM »
I was at a con a few years ago, along with my gaming group (we lived near a reasonably large con).  Three of my groupmembers and I all joined the same game, a low/mid-level D&D dungeon crawl (this was before 3e).  There were two or three other PCs who we didn't know in the game as well.

Anyway, we start going through the dungeon, being very cautios, having the thief check for traps etc.  After a few fights we get to a fork in the tunnel, and there is a demon statue at the point of the fork.  Our thief checks for traps . . . nada.  Our fighters start to move down one path of the fork, but I stop them (I'm playing a Wizard, I think I was level 7 at the time - the highest in the party) and say something along the lines of:

"Wait, we should make sure that this thing won't animate behind us.  It would really suck to be caught between an animate statue and whatever we have to fight down that tunnel.  If it can animate, we should attack it now, so we can deal with itself.  And if it is just a statue, then nothing happens, and we can just keep going, right?"

After a bit of debate, everyone agrees with me, everyone gets set, and our fighter throws an axe at it.

Now, what we didn't know was, the DM that we were playing with at the con normally ran a very high level campaign set in hell, and she had just taken her favorite personally created demons and added them to the dungeon we were in as statues on a whim.  We were never meant to fight them.

So, when we attack the demon, our DM just bursts out laughing (it was made for fighting parties of approximately 16-18th level).  The demon animates, and proceeds to tear through the party.  Its killing more than one PC per round, and everyone is running around wildly like headless chickens trying to get away (and all of my friends are yelling at me for being an idiot).  For some reason (I think my DM was a bit generous) I had a book of infinite spells on me, and used one of them to teleport away with whatever was left of the party.  Of course, I was using a spell that was much higher level than I was normally allowed to, and so I took a lot of damage, and I believe I went permanantly insane.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2004, 03:32:57 AM »
And one last entry squeaks in under the deadline.

I said end of next week, and now it's the end of next week and our prizes have officially arrived. Consider the contest closed, and SE and 42 and I will confer via email over who we think told the funniest story.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2004, 09:51:21 AM »
Just to let you all know that it's takeing a tab bit longer to award a winner in this then originaly planned.  The judges have been pretty busy in their real lifes.  But we haven't forgotten.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2004, 03:13:47 PM »
We're working on it. There just happens to be a complicated voting process involved in this. We haven't even decided if we are going to count hanging chads in the recount yet.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2004, 03:24:25 PM »
and I keep telling them that my chad is NOT hanging. They won't believe me.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2004, 07:04:55 AM »
I thought Fell or SE was going to announce this, but I guess since they haven't yet, and me being the newly installed "Dictator of Contests", I get to do the honor.  The winner of the Funniest RPG moment is Eagle Prince!  Yea!  Well he allready knows and he'll get his very own copy of Spellforce once Fell remembers to get it to me.  

Congrats!

Watch for our next contest that will be starting next week (hopefully).  And thanks to all that participated!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 07:08:41 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2004, 04:58:30 PM »
Not Spellforce, but Sacred. Which is good, because Sacred is a way better game.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2004, 05:14:31 PM »
Cool! ;D
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.