Author Topic: Morrowind  (Read 3098 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Morrowind
« on: September 27, 2002, 04:42:59 AM »
yeah i know we already had a topic on this.

spriggan : are u doing a review? just i got it yesterday, and if you arnt, ill start taking notes for one. its quite good from what i have seen - and its long. i like my RPG's to last me a long time - i felt that BG2 was too short would you believe? this time, nonlinearity means lots of replay value. BG2 is no fun the second time around.

actually, it just occured to me that we could do a vs review - NWN against morrowind. like a review of both, but with a conclusion saying which we think is best. ive not played NWN so i cant make any comments on it (apart from the graphics looking slightly underwhelming).
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Morrowind
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2002, 09:54:37 PM »
I actualy haven't played it sence June.  So keep notes Charlie.  The problem I had was My computer wasn't fast enought to play it (after 30 min my PC froze)  But sence then I've gotten a new video card (I never knew that haveing a good video card was like adding an extra 50mhz to your PC speed) so I should be able to.  
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2002, 07:33:34 AM »
my pc isnt really good enough to run it either. the game exits to windows every half hour, and its a bit jerky outside, but its playable.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2002, 08:21:58 AM »
Charlie try going to the options menu and lowering the rezalution and vision.  that should help you.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2002, 05:08:20 PM »
Charlie I just have one thing to say to you: THANKS SO FRICKEN MUCH! thanks to you I decided to goback and try playing Morrowind, And now it has suck away my very soul.  I should have never bought this new Video Card.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2002, 07:07:56 PM »
:P
actually, ive not played it for a coupla weeks - ive not played much. when i have, its been DOA3 and TA. wierd.

Fellfrosch

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2002, 03:07:30 AM »
Charlie:  Playing TA?  Is that Total Annihilation or are my game acronyms out of date?  Are people still playing that?   That game brings back fond memories...

Lord_of_Me

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2002, 12:03:35 PM »
i still play it all the time - it came with the computer

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2002, 05:11:00 PM »
yep. its total annihilation time baby! look at some of the mods on offer : Warhammer 40k, star wars, and about a hojillion more. i really liek the 3d replayer too - it saves multiplayer games and then plays them with a spinny rotaty engine.
TA-Universe
Planet Annihilation

Fellfrosch

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2002, 06:36:14 PM »
A 40K mod for TA!!!  I'll have to check that out...well, I guess I'd have to find my copy of TA first...

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2002, 10:09:48 AM »
if yah want that, go to tauniverse and add a /wta to the address. yahll find me on the forums.

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2003, 08:36:04 AM »
It's amazeing how you can play this game for over 7 hours and actualy get little done.  Now that I have a PC that can run this decently I'm enjoying it even more.  I've got probaly 40+ hours on this character and haven't even covered 1/5 of the game world, and I'm loveing ever minute.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2003, 11:49:18 PM »
Arrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggg...I just had a great theaving run and then went to enchant my Deadric Long Bow (I was adding on strike 30-50 points of frost damage in a 10 foor radius) but I accedenly enchated it to on use not on strike.  When I had realised what I had done I had all ready saved over my quicksave before the enchant.  So I had to go back to my save before the theifing run to beable to correct the mistake.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2003, 12:01:05 AM »
Man, how can you still play that game? I installed it a few weeks ago, played for a few days, then just stopped. Theres just something about that game that makes me not want to play it. Oh ya, thats right, all the walking.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2003, 01:22:42 PM »
I'm kind of with Gemm on this one, though I can definitely understand why others would enjoy it. I just didn't.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net