Author Topic: Warcraft III  (Read 28411 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Warcraft III
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2003, 01:45:01 PM »
There are five new replays...you just have to scroll down to get them. :)
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2003, 04:27:25 PM »
I thought I did. Either they've appeared since then (I see them now) or I was being an idiot again without knowing it. How did you like the job I did in the 1v2v2? I was pleased with myself...if only I'd thought to hide a farm somewhere so I could have tried to keep my mountain king in play longer...
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2003, 01:01:43 AM »
Is anyone else still interested in playing Warcraft III online? I haven't been seeing TWG folks on battle.net recently, and thus haven't seen much of a reason to play myself. I'd still like to finish off ClanWolf's blue drake with someone I know in an AT game, as well as play some of our zany little custom games. Any takers?
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2003, 02:54:55 PM »
I've been getting a quick 3v3 in just about every other day.  Time hasn't permitted me much more, I'm afraid.  I could be on tonight around 10 if there was such a desire...not that we've had much luck together in AT, Prometheus :)

I've also noticed the lack of TWG people on of late...which makes me want to play less since it's always more fun to play with people you know (even if you just kind of know them through an internet message board).

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2003, 04:46:35 PM »
Agreed. It's a lot more fun to play with people you know, which is why I'm trying to drum up interest if any such remains.

As for our AT games, we weren't doing too badly at all last time we played. We didn't win, but we were getting a lot closer. I'll try to be on a little after 10 Mountain time tonight. (Yes I know that's different from 10 your time...it's also when I happen to get home on Wednesdays.)

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2003, 02:31:23 PM »
Victory on battle.net!

My ClanWolf account achieved its 250th random win last night in an AT game with Pleasington for my blue drake icon, and we came within one win of getting Pleasington his 25th human win for the footman icon.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2003, 04:09:16 AM »
I too sing the songs of victory!

I finally got my Footman icon this weekend and have started mixing it up and playing other races a bit.

Secondly, I got tree rushed in one game. Have you guys seen this?  I wish I would have snagged that replay.   Basically, somone  planted their Ancient of War a little ways outside my base (like a tower rush) and was proceeding to build archers when I found it.   I was able to do some damage to it, but it kept eating trees and kept my hero tied up for a long time.  Finally my teammates arrived and help me put it down.  A pretty bad move, IMO, but pretty effective at distraction me for a while.  Wouldn't have been a big problem had my teams showed up earlier. :)

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2003, 01:12:07 AM »
Man, I hardly ever see anyone else on anymore.  We should organize another night where everyone can be there.  I'm possibly available this Thurs night...

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2003, 07:45:14 PM »
Thursday night is bad for Fell and I. We have a meeting scheduled then. I would like to meet again on bnet sometime. Warcraft III custom games are too fun and we didn't do them for long enough. I'll pester some folks over here and find out if they're still interested at all or not.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2003, 02:12:01 PM »
I've been a bit busy of late, but I'll be on Bnet tonight probably after 10:30 Central time.  If people are on, I'll stay, otherwise I'll be on for a half hour or so.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2003, 07:41:24 AM »
i always do this. buy a game just after the interest in it has faded. its practically a habit.

Warcraft 3 = in my possession.

not much else to say, really. if online games are still on the menu its entirely possible for me to join in, as long as its morning or early afternoon USA time when we start - britain is 5-7 hours ahead, depending on the US timezone.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2003, 12:40:02 PM »
That sounds like fun, but I don't know when we'd be able to play during those hours...the weekend maybe. We'll have to keep it in mind.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2003, 03:15:07 PM »
rah. im about to start the undead campaign. thoughts so far :
1) no ships? i suppose its since naval vessels (as in being able to build em) dont fit into a skirmish game, which is what this is. Its what Age of Empires is, but the designers are too proud to admit that their engine sucks with regards to having decent numbers of units on screen.
2) niiiiiiice videos. the one at the end of the human campaign was pretty stupid tho.
3) the manual sucks. itd be nice if it said stuff like what units are good against what. but all it says is whether its ranged/melee and what it can shoot at.
4) B.net is nice. my brand new ADSL line is proving its worth now. precisely 0% lag. oh and i won my first match. admittedly because my ally got my to activate shared units, and relegated me to base building guy while he romped around with my units & hero, but hey.
5) the human sorceroress...  the obligatory "funny" unit.
6) nice water graphics. although they seem fond of having ponds that have about a million gallons of water pouring out of them a second, but no apparent methods for water to get inside the pond. wierd.

[edit] Ugh. i suck at B.net.  2 wins, 7 losses. yay.[/edit]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2003, 06:15:48 PM by Charlie82 »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2003, 03:35:50 AM »
Speaking of bnet, I've been introduced to a b.net custom game called Defense of the Ancients that we should try out as a group. It is far and away the best custom map I've seen out of b.net. I've already shown Rob it and he didn't seem to enjoy his first game much, but that was because we got stomped on I think. If anyone else wants to know more about it or is interested in trying it, let me know.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2003, 04:36:51 PM »
Man, I've been so busy that I feel like I haven't popped onto Bnet in forever.  I'm going to try to be on Thursday night around 10 pm central time.  I'm "Pleasington" for those who haven't seen me on before.  

I guess I kind of lost motivation after getting my foot soldier avatar :)