Author Topic: Races of Eberron  (Read 4226 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Races of Eberron
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2005, 11:56:28 AM »
Why? Power attack is power attack, no matter where you go.

I, for one, vastly prefer to know how the new races interact than to have yet another set of feats i'll forget to look at. I know how elves live - i've read enough fantasy to know that. These new elves i can guess at, their cultures are similar enough to real world ones (jamaca and shintoism for the aerenal, mongol for the valenar). But warforged? Their chapter was one of the most interesting chapters i've read in an RPG for a while. I'm currently reading the shifter chapter and finding it to be slightly dull. The race is just too heavily aligned with the ranger class. It needs something to balance it a bit.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Races of Eberron
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2005, 02:42:27 PM »
I agree. The non-feat stuff is much more interesting, and neither Changelings nor Kalashtar need a whole lot of feats anyway--their races work differently, so you don't need all of the extra shifter traits and warforged creation feats and so on. The chapter on Kalashtar is the best, in my opinion, and does a very good job of describing a very different race and culture.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net