Author Topic: Vin as HOA?  (Read 37616 times)

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
Re: Vin as HOA?
« Reply #210 on: September 11, 2008, 01:50:10 AM »
The kandra religion hmm.  I'll do some diggin in my rereads.  Whenever I finish life of Pi that is.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #211 on: September 11, 2008, 01:54:01 AM »
Everyone knows I'm the Hero of Ages. Think of it this way:

Brandon says the epigraphs in the third book are written by someone who "knows everything". This person believes to be the Hero of Ages.

Since I know everything, that must mean I'm the Hero of Ages.

...And I don't want to hear any business like "you don't know the end of MB3" or "you suck with logic", lol.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 11, 2008, 01:55:03 AM »
I forgot to add something in my last post

CURSE YOU OOKLA! (And yes, those all caps were meant to be rude).
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #213 on: September 11, 2008, 01:58:37 AM »
I forgot to add something in my last post

CURSE YOU OOKLA! (And yes, those all caps were meant to be rude).

Conversely, I say "THANK YOU OOKLA", because he's given us some great clues that I wouldn't have thought of myself.

...Also, I already knew I would say that, because I'm the Hero of Ages.

Elmandr

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 11, 2008, 04:26:51 AM »
Off topic i know but i wouldnt be the first. lol. chaos2651 as the HOA, im a believer. Anyway, do you guys have any suggestions for any other good reads? it feels like i've read everything that fantasy has to offer. don't tell anyone but i had a dream that the situation became so dire that i picked up a Stephen King novel! huuuh...i still get goosebumps looking back to it. Help. Or, im of the needing of the help? that was supposed to be a Spookian accent, in case you probably, and most likely didn't figure.
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #215 on: September 11, 2008, 04:32:07 AM »
Also, for those who were talking about kandra in this thread, that was really off-topic. So, I created a topic specifically for that reason!

Let's move all that stuff here.

Also, I'm incredibly honored to have my first follower.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 11, 2008, 06:10:51 AM »
You obviously can't be the hero, chaos, because I am the hero.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #217 on: September 11, 2008, 06:37:24 AM »
Ah, but since you are the Executor of my Opinions, and me being the Hero of Ages would be an opinion of mine, then therefore, you are automatically bound to agree that I am the Hero.

You can't even give me crap for not "being absent", because I could always just go to class. That way, I would technically be absent and then you'd have to Execute my opinions.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 11, 2008, 07:11:50 PM »
OK.  With the new sample chapter up, surely we can make some guesses?

The possibility that Rashek is the author of the bumps seems to have gone up significantly (if you hadn't noticed, the power was used poorly when TLR took it.  The chapter two bump seems to say why it was used poorly.)  If that little description is even partly right, well, I'd be scared out of my mind to hold the power.

If that really makes him the Hero of Ages is still up for debate.
Nature hates being reified.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 11, 2008, 09:06:56 PM »
I guess all the evidence points towards Rashek writing the bumps but something doesn't feel right. Rashek was a packman; he doesn't seem like the most educated type. Would he really write down a journal? Plus the style just doesn't seem quite like him. I am going to hold by my theory that the bumps are Sazed's journal found by Vin halfway through the book.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 11, 2008, 09:12:43 PM »
Hmm...? Happyman, are you saying that since Alendi was not the actual HOA and that since....oh i forget his name--the terrisman who at first announced Alendi as HOA but then thought better...ok anyways. Im confused, are you saying that the terrisman not only figured out that Alendi wasn't the HOA but thought it was Rashevak? He does state some attributes about his nephew( that he hates what his people are doing, letting a nonterrisman be the HOA, and that he hates Alendi more acutely). Can those be traits he bears in his metalminds of what the HOA would be like? Im i making any sense?
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2008, 11:42:13 PM »
I don't think that Kwaan thought that Rashek was the hero, he just wanted to prevent alendi from taking the power. To do this, he may very well have told Rashek that he was the hero, and Rashek took on the role.

And, Reaves, Rashek has 1000 years between the ascension and now to learn to read and write. I'm sure he could have managed it quite well. And I think all-knowing is a pretty good style for the lord ruler to write in.

Ah, but since you are the Executor of my Opinions, and me being the Hero of Ages would be an opinion of mine, then therefore, you are automatically bound to agree that I am the Hero.

You can't even give me crap for not "being absent", because I could always just go to class. That way, I would technically be absent and then you'd have to Execute my opinions.

It's kind of ironic, I was actually going to claim the "not absent" bit. Well, since I made up a good portion of the title, I'll simply have to change it to "in the event of his extended absence."

And also, I'm now officially naming Chaos as the executor of my opinions in the event of my absence. Thus, he is required to support my opinions as well as me being required to support his, so we are now in the friendly town of paradox-ville....

...except I can just be absent for a few hours and Chaos will have to support me, because his title is just in the event of my absence, while mine is now in the event of his extended absence. I win.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 12, 2008, 12:09:48 AM »
And, Reaves, Rashek has 1000 years between the ascension and now to learn to read and write. I'm sure he could have managed it quite well. And I think all-knowing is a pretty good style for the lord ruler to write in.

Its not that I'm saying he couldn't read and write, its just the style of script doesn't seem like Rashek. Its just a feeling.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 12, 2008, 04:40:13 AM »
I'm inclined to disagree, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see who's right.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #224 on: September 12, 2008, 04:46:17 AM »

Its not that I'm saying he couldn't read and write, its just the style of script doesn't seem like Rashek. Its just a feeling.

I posted a thought about that in HOA Chapter 2:

Quote from: Me
My thought is that the Rashek, at first burning the power, had no idea what he was getting into. He changed things unintentionally, without knowing about the dire, dire consequences. However, notice the difference in tone between the MB3 epigraphs and the Lord Ruler in MB1. There's almost a hesitation in him, directly post-Ascension.

Perhaps his mind had broken into what he turned into later, consumed from the guilt from what he'd done, transforming him into the hard, cold Lord Ruler.

I didn't post the whole thing, but it could be worth your while to take a look at that topic, too.

Quote from: Andrew the Great
It's kind of ironic, I was actually going to claim the "not absent" bit. Well, since I made up a good portion of the title, I'll simply have to change it to "in the event of his extended absence."

And also, I'm now officially naming Chaos as the executor of my opinions in the event of my absence. Thus, he is required to support my opinions as well as me being required to support his, so we are now in the friendly town of paradox-ville....

...except I can just be absent for a few hours and Chaos will have to support me, because his title is just in the event of my absence, while mine is now in the event of his extended absence. I win.

Short Version: I refuse :P

Long Version: Since you can warp your title to fit your needs, I could do the same thing for yours, too. I'm thinking "The Executor of Shoving Knives Down People's Throats Who Don't Believe I'm the Hero of Ages".

But, of course, since I refuse, I guess you won't have to worry about that contingency.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 04:48:53 AM by Chaos2651 »