Departments > Books

Harry Potter

(1/14) > >>

Slant:
For those of you who haven't yet heard, the fifth Harry Potter book (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix) is coming out on June 21st of this year and will be 734 pages long!!  And yes, this is official!!  Place your order now, folks.

Tage:
I just heard that earlier today. While I'm glad it's *finally* got a release date, after all the delays and crap I can't seem to get myself excited about it. And it sounds like it's going to be LONG.

Spriggan:
well,it only took like 2 1/2 years to come out.  But i realy think how long it took this book to comeout will hurt the Harry Potter craze.  It will sell very well, but i just don't think that it will ever reach the level of popularity that it had when the fourth book was released.  Just the fact that the second movie dropped out of the top 5 in less then a month shows that it's not as popular.  But i could be wrong just have to wait and see i guess.

Slant:
When the 4th book came out, I happened to be working at a Waldenbooks.  I got to work at 9 or so (we opened at 10) and there was a CROWD outside waiting for the store to open up.  I'm talking some 200 people, many of whom had been waiting since 7 AM.  Just to be a complete tosspot, I grabbed one of the books from out of the back and stood some ten feet away from the gate reading bits of it to myself and going "oh wow" and "now THAT is awesome!"  They kept screaming at me to read it out loud from the beginning and I told 'em "sorry, I can't; against company policy."  I am so eeeeevil.

Tage:
Bwahaha, you just got the award for coolest thing ever done at a bookstore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version