Author Topic: Reloaded  (Read 8194 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Reloaded
« on: April 11, 2003, 06:49:06 PM »
Hot diggity dog. I think this trailer is officially cooler than the Two Towers trailer, which was the coolest trailer of all time.

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_cmp/sequel_trailers.html
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
Re: Reloaded
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 01:07:26 PM »
*sigh*

I keep watching it over, and over, and over, and over...
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 12:19:38 AM »
I'm more exscited about X-men 2,  maybe because the big reason the the first Matrix was so popular was the Special effects and there's no way the 2nd or 3rd will top the awe factor the first had.  I'll wait for the reviews to come out before I get to excited.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2003, 04:45:49 PM »
Speak not to me of such heresies, Spriggan. Matrix Reloaded looks awesome, and I'll have none of your snootiness.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2003, 04:53:51 PM »
Sprig, have you even *seen* the new trailer for Reloaded? The special effects look about 10 times cooler for the sequel. If the story is as good, I think it'll out-do the original.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2003, 07:08:27 PM »
Before he comes in and spells it wrong, I'll say what Spriggan is probably going to say (or at least what it sounds like he means): The first Matrix was cool because it's effects were new and groundbreaking. I grant that this is true, but I submit that it's not the only reason the Matrix was cool. And, as Tage points out, this one looks pretty freaking awesome regardless of whether they employed any brand new technology in the process.

If I have misinterpreted you, Spriggan, then I apologize.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2003, 12:54:59 AM »
Don't flame me here, but I've given much consideration to all the -new- Matrix stuff. So we have the next movie, Reloaded, then that one in November. But along with those two movies there is the Animatrix, and I'm not sure about this, but "Enter the Matrix" as well.

Now unless most of these things don't coincide with one another than thats fine, but if you need to have seen/played one of these to know whats going on in another one then I feel this is just a big ploy to draw out the "lettuce" from people who are fanatical enough about it (sorry Fell, this seems like you).

I'm still going to see the movie(s)/game/stuff. I won't go in with the spirit of an estactic seven year old boy like Fell might, but I'll see it(them). In a nondenominatial conclusion I hope this will shed a sliver of light unto your crippled minds, if not then may this website flourish.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2003, 01:26:15 AM »
Yes I have seen the trailor sever times...It's on TV now.  And yes Fell your right about what I'm saying.  Reloaded f/x's do look more clean.  The first one is fun to watch and point out the wires and other such things that they forgot to remove.  It will do good, but wont be the 'cool never before seen' movie.  But just so you know, I'm alwayse very skeptical on any movie sequal.
I'd also like to add something to Gemms statement.  I think they also saturating the market, and risk makeing people sick of the matrix thus hurting the 3rd movie's release in november.  And Gemm your right about the Video Games name, hehe so far that's backfireing on them for the last three months it's been paned by just about ever video game site around.  By now hollywood should have learned movies don't make good videogames.  Just like videogame don't make good movies.
I was in Japan when the First one came out so I'm not sure how the movie was marketed but there are allready lots of products useing matrix tie ins.  (I just saw a freaking gaterade comercial talking about how the "matrix dosen't exsist, but drink Gatorade")
« Last Edit: April 16, 2003, 01:29:28 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2003, 08:50:31 AM »
I just read that the Special Effects for these two movies were going to be so expensive that they didn't have the budget to do what they wanted.  So how'd they get made? Keanu signed away his 38 million dollar paycheck for them to the special effects deparment, in exchange for a % of the films gross.  Guess ol' Keanu isn't that dumb after all.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2003, 01:39:08 PM »
Yeah, I read that too. Makes me want to mail ol' Keanu a buck or two in gratitude (though honestly, I think he did it becuase he realized that the Matrix is the only thing that makes him cool, and if he is to remain cool then the Matrix must go on).

The market is definitely saturated, but I've managed to contain my boyish excitement to the realm of feature films--none of the animatrix stuff looks all that impressive, and I've heard that the game will suck (why didn't they just make Max Payne with Kung Fu? We will never know). People who see and do everything Matrix-related will be mighty sick of it by the time the third movie rolls around.

By the way, somebody mentioned earlier that they were excited for X-Men 2. I heartily agree--that looked completely awesome before I knew that Kelly Hu was in it, but now that I know she is...well, it's a lot more awesome now.

Lord_of_Me

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2003, 02:04:12 PM »
there's going to be a ccg aswell.

my computer won't let me watch the trailer but it sounds cool.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2003, 02:04:20 PM »
I don't know if the saturated market will affect much.  What market could be more saturated than LOTR, and theres no doubt in anyone's mind that ROTK will still make buckets of money.  
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2003, 05:13:37 PM »
You got a point there, tubby.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2003, 11:56:40 AM »
I think that the main thing that needs to be said about this movie has amazingly been overlooked.  That, of course, is that Monica Belucci (the italian actress playing Persephone) is mind-numbingly gorgeous.

Honestly, what is wrong with you people?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2003, 11:57:19 AM by House_of_Mustard »
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2003, 01:12:06 PM »
Some of us are married and can't admit to that in a place or time where our spouses may see it.