Author Topic: The Fantastic Four  (Read 6524 times)

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The Fantastic Four
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2004, 01:23:11 PM »
Did anyone else notice the Thing's broken wrist?

It appears that Chiklis was wearing a Thing suit, and when he flexed his wrist in for the macho pose, the break between the wrist/hand piece and the arm piece of the costume became very obvious.

They'll fix that, hopefully.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 01:23:43 PM by Lieutenant_Kije »

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2004, 01:51:06 PM »
yes, yes she is

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2004, 12:26:02 AM »
Frankly, I don't see what makes J. Alba so super-hot.  She's nicely shaped, but doesn't really stand out from the other nice shapes in the young Hollywood crowd.

Well, she's not my type, but I can see the attraction. She's also got this thing with her eyes.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2004, 01:28:56 AM »
Now that I think about it more, Jessica Alba is too young for the part of Sue Storm. The Invisible Woman is suppose to be an accomplished researcher and scientist, right? So how many established scientist do you know that are in their ealry or mid-twenties?
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2004, 05:18:55 AM »
Depends on which Sue you want... after all she's supposed to be in her 20's when she marries Reed, who is much ... much older than her... (he and Ben are close in age though) or the current Sue... who's closer to Reed in age. But I agree with you that she's wrong for the part. Part of what makes the invisible woman work is that shes a meek and quiet girl (kinda a slice of white bread America) and Alba just doesnt have that look.

Sue kicks a@% in the comics too, but in a quiet way ... I mean she uses he forcefield for everything.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2004, 06:05:59 AM »
Well, the writers could be using a similar approach as seen in Ultimate Fantastic Four where everyone is in their mid to late teens.

On a side note, I think UFF is one of the best of the Ultimate series.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2004, 03:58:58 AM »
Well I don't think this surprises anyone.  Thanks the the Incredibles FF is getting a rewrite in parts and a bigger budget since they have to out do Pixars movie.

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=43221#
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2004, 08:55:14 AM »
good. Maybe I won't be so nervous about it then. So far, I'm not that impressed.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2004, 05:30:37 PM »
It seems like they were trying to do FF smaller than they should have, which is ironic because FF is the biggest, wildest, galaxy-hoppingest series Marvel has. I hope they jazz it up and have the minions of Doom blowing up small nations.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2005, 09:53:24 AM »
My biggest fear (so far) is that Doom will end up looking like a weenie. I'm not hip to the idea of him being cosmic-ray'd into an armored form...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 10:06:30 AM by Dex1138 »

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2005, 01:14:15 AM »
Jessica Alba:

I watched the first two seasons of Dark Angel while I was overseas and enjoyed them.  It was, however, in spite of Jessica Alba.  She is hot but her acting was fairly painful.  It bugged me worst when she was trying to walk stealthily.  She'd go into an awkward crouch and then try and walk while still crouched.  It looked like she had some sort of stomach pain.  There were also these moments when she'd be staring at something and you could just tell what she was thinking, "I wonder what my butt looks like right now?  I bet it's cute."
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2005, 09:31:06 AM »
There were also these moments when she'd be staring at something and you could just tell what she was thinking, "I wonder what my butt looks like right now?  I bet it's cute."

And she would win that bet!

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2005, 12:49:01 PM »
Can I state how much I'm enjoying this conversation?  While we were at the Lemony Snicket movie last Saturday Brenna and I found out that my husband had no idea who Jessica Alba was and Brenna's had only a vague notion.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2005, 01:09:48 PM »
Yes, yes she would.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2005, 03:23:57 PM »
I was reading somewhere (I forget where) that said that they were making some last-minute changes on some of the fight scenes in this flic, because they didn't want Reed to be anything less cool than the strechy-lady on the Incredibles.