Author Topic: morning  (Read 4415 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
morning
« on: December 02, 2003, 08:51:30 AM »
ARGH!

So daughter number 2 wakes up at her customary 6:30 and decides to hang out on my bed, using me for a pillow for much of it. The kicking and such got annoying, but it was when she started playing with some unkown object on the night stand that I banished her

"Go play with some toys."

It wasn't 5 minutes later (though maybe I fell asleep and it was longer) when I hear a crash and she's managed to knock over the Christmas Tree. To her credit, she was at least distressed about this, though she recovered quickly when she realized that she was going to be able to replace ornanments

so I have sap covered hands that I can't get off.

also, the first thing I see when I wake up is that the New York Times leading health news article is "A gentler type of colonoscopy proves effective." Yeah, that was fun.

Daughter number one wakes up and immediately starts fighting with daughter number two.

Daughter number three is waking up about 2 hours early

When can I go back to work?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: morning
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 08:59:27 AM »
ya, well my morning was worse.  Not 5 minutes ago I was looking at your website and I came upon this picture.

Honestly I did NOT need to see that at 6 in the morning.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 09:01:26 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 09:32:16 AM »
Ahhh! It's a Klingon!
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 09:54:38 AM »
a- thats your fault for having a real tree and small children.
b- I agree with Spriggan, that is just wrong in numerous ways.

I hope you don't think holding your arms out, as if you are some kind of action figure, makes you scary. The only scary thing is that dot in the middle of your chest. That just looks wrong.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 11:49:52 AM »
Well, I feel pity for you Saint, but I have to agree that that is a very disturbing picture.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2003, 11:53:00 AM »
Just because they're covered with sap doesn't mean you should try to remove your hands, SE. You might need them again later.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2003, 12:50:40 PM »
The "spot" on my chest/belly is a pendant that says, believe it or not, "I Am a Child of God."

Yes, it is a scary picture, but I refuse to take responsibility for anyone seeing it. I have not linked to it, nor do any of my web sites link to it. It's in a miscellaneous folder that SOMEONE was browsing through.

Updates:
- no ornaments were broken from this morning's debacle
- nor has this incident prevented EITHER of the mobile daughter units from trying to play with the tree.
- I'm almost out of Popables
- I forgot to take daughter number 1 to joy school. I am now hated in the family for this.
- I did a load in the dish washer, but apparently this is not a good thing, as I was only asked what could possibly be in the dishwaher, since apparently a stack of dirty dishes in the kitchen is not a problem and I should stop being helpful.
- dauther number three thinks the Christmas tree is very interesting, and she fell asleep watching it. However, she woke something like 2 minutes before the maternal unit walked in (without my knowledge, or, for that matter, consent), so I'm in trouble for not feeding her
- incessant demands for Charlie Brown Christmas Special from daughter number one continue to be ignored. This leaves me in poor favor as well.

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2003, 12:53:28 PM »
All I have to say is thank heavens for a slow connection. The hair was bad enough.

I'm sorry about your morning. I don't think you should let Sarah help put the ornaments on, but maybe it's too late.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2003, 02:31:05 PM »
debacle is such a great word.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2003, 03:03:29 PM »
So thats Saint Morrison,.... but where's his cafe!?
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!