Author Topic: Hey 42!  (Read 3937 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Hey 42!
« on: January 24, 2006, 08:55:40 AM »
SJ Games is looking for a new Art Director, though you have to be willing to move to Austin, TX.

http://www.sjgames.com/general/jobs.html

Heaven knows they really need a decent art director.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Hey 42!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 10:42:17 AM »
Interesting. I'll have to send them my resume.

I suppose I could always continue school in Austin.

But I have to admit, having once lived in Colorado, I have a hatred for all things Texan.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 12:58:04 PM »
But I have to admit, having once lived in Colorado, I have a hatred for all things Texan.

???
I think this requires explanation.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 03:55:58 PM »
Coloradans don't get along well with Texans, nether do Nebraskans, Oklahomans, Iowans or anyone else in the Big 12.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 03:57:55 PM »
The red soil of Colorado groans in agony whenever it is touched by the tainted foot of someone from Texas.

Coloradans mostly don't like Texans' becuase a lot of them leave their flat state to go skiing in CO. Texans' are horrible skiers, they can't drive in the snow, and are generally loud and obnoxious. They are also misguided in thinking that the world revolves around Texas when it really revolves around Colorado.

Kind of like how California's neighbors hate it for sucking up all the water and energy available and leaving them dry. And for refering to them as being backwards hicks.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 04:09:12 PM »
I think most people hate Texans though, on some level, mostly because they're under the bizarre and aggressive impression that their enormous ugly state is not only cool, but cooler than yours. Though to be honest, I have it in for Colorado much more so than Texas. Well, Denver--the rest of Colorado is okay.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 04:31:35 PM »
Hey, no bashing Denver. I love it here.

Also, Texan are evil because they buy lots of real estate in Colorado so they can go skiing once a year, which then jacks up real estate prices, making some places unaffordable to locals.

But if 42 goes to Texas, me and the rest of our family will make sure he doesn't become a Texan.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 04:33:09 PM »
"The rest of the family and I."

Honestly! Denver....
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 07:28:24 PM »
Sorry for the gramatical slip. I'm running off of 3 hours of slip right now.

Yes, I like Denver, even though the people in Denver aren't as nice as in the Midwest (which I blame on too many Californian moving to Colorado).
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 12:05:44 AM »
Hey. I'm Californian born and bred. Watch it.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 01:43:23 AM »
Hey. I'm Californian born and bred. Watch it.

Californians just don't get it.

Actually, I don't have anything against Calafornians usually.

I do get incredibly miffed at Californians who come places outside of California and have absolutley nothing nice to say about the place they now reside. It's very ethnocentric of them.

It's the same problem with Texans.

Course, I've actually met a California recently who can do nothing but tout the virtues of Utah over California. He's the first Californian I've met who hasn't just bashed Utah for the first 2-3 years of living here. He's from Orange County and apparently experienced a lot of discrimination for being Mormon.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 01:44:09 AM by 42 »

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 08:54:31 AM »
my thing about California is that it produces the sort of people who send annual letters to the school paper proclaiming themselves to be experts and thus no one should wear socks with sandals.

When I was on my mission we often told each other that the reason Las Vegas was so windy was because California sucked.

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 12:00:32 AM »

Californians just don't get it.

Actually, I don't have anything against Calafornians usually.

I do get incredibly miffed at Californians who come places outside of California and have absolutley nothing nice to say about the place they now reside. It's very ethnocentric of them.

It's the same problem with Texans.

Course, I've actually met a California recently who can do nothing but tout the virtues of Utah over California. He's the first Californian I've met who hasn't just bashed Utah for the first 2-3 years of living here. He's from Orange County and apparently experienced a lot of discrimination for being Mormon.

Heh. I can relate, having grown up in Orange County. The born-agains are rampant there, and they loved to tell me I was going you-know-where.

I like Utah over California because it has winter, and because it's greener. And the thunderstorms in the summer are very cool.

I don't like Utah over California because of the Mormon culture--the underlying assumptions that people have around here, and the efforts people feel that they have to go to prove that they're not Mormon.

That reminds me of the poor guy who got beat up because he looked like a missionary. Apparently, he wasn't even a Mormon, but had made the mistake of wearing black slacks, a white shirt, a tie, and a nametag.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 09:51:18 AM »
I like Utah over California because it has winter, and because it's greener.

Funny. That's exactly why I'd take Cali over Utah.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 02:52:22 PM »
Utah is greener than California?  Honey, you're from the *wrong side of the state.*  If you think Utah is green, you don't know what green is.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes