Author Topic: RE Entertainment signs deal with EA  (Read 4845 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: RE Entertainment signs deal with EA
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 05:15:39 AM »
Yes. That too.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

TMan

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Lolchair
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 03:37:01 PM »
They probably plan on a one game per movie type of thing. Just as is done with the Harry Potter movies/games. In my experience, such movie-based games are usually a quite boring version of the movie were you'll have to walk through the story yourself.

But who knows, maybe they'll do better :)

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 06:08:44 PM »
I'm not too optimistic about EA or Red Eagle when it comes to these games, and I highly doubt any movies will be made as long as they have the rights.  That being said, I will withhold final judgement for now.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Wielder

• Level 6
  • Rest in Pieces
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 06:19:55 PM »
I'm not too optimistic about EA or Red Eagle when it comes to these games, and I highly doubt any movies will be made as long as they have the rights.  That being said, I will withhold final judgement for now.

I can hop into that boat

But, I played the Wheel of Time game for the PC back when it first came out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time_(video_game)

To be honest, I don't remember it being all too bad.  It entertained me for a while.  But if you read that Wikipedia article, you will see why it had problems.  The discrepancies can be brutal.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
-Legacy of Kain

SirZelig

• Level 3
  • I'm not crazy! It's you who is normal
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 08:30:51 AM »
They probably plan on a one game per movie type of thing. Just as is done with the Harry Potter movies/games. In my experience, such movie-based games are usually a quite boring version of the movie were you'll have to walk through the story yourself.

Movies dont make good games... Games dont make good movies..... Fact!
"All because of you
I believe in angels.
Not the kind with wings,
no, not the kind with halos;
the kind that bring you home
when home becomes a strange place.
I'll follow your voice;
all you have to do is
shout it out!"
Rise Against- The Good Left Undone

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 03:49:27 PM »

Opinion.
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

TMan

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Lolchair
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 10:24:27 PM »

Opinion.

That's your opinion ;)

Edit: Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks. [Or they all stink, probably.]  ;D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 10:27:11 PM by TMan »

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 07:26:27 PM »
TMan, swearing isn't viewed well on the forums.  You should edit your post please.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 09:21:45 AM »

I dunno, I really enjoyed the Silent Hill movie, and that was based off of a game. Again, it is all opinion. I just happen to like a lot of things other people don't. A fact would require unanimous agreement on whatever the subject was.

TMan

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Lolchair
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 11:54:13 AM »
TMan, swearing isn't viewed well on the forums.  You should edit your post please.

I'm sorry, I fail to see how you can consider the human anatomy as swearing in this context, since I don't refer to a human by use of the word in question but I obviously really refer to the bodypart we all have. If the mods agree this is swearing they are free to change it to err... armpits? feet? eardrums?

"Lower opening of the digestive tract" just doesn't sound as good.

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 03:43:26 PM »
At any rate Tman I agree about the everyone having an opinion and they all stink. lol
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

Rrikor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 04:17:05 PM »
I do not have high hopes for the games that cound out of RE.  I know that they had a real falling out with Robert Jordan and that he no longer wanted to do business with them but they already had the rights.  Most of it was due to the unfinished comic series I believe. I have never seen the comics so can't really comment on them. 

Teaming with EA will get them the capital they need to make the game, but it will also force them to follow a strict schedule that will end up with the games being released half done and full of bugs.  At least and MMOs they do. 

That being said, I will buy them anyways because they are WoT games.  I bought the first WoT game back in the day. It was not all that good but I still bought it.  Ended up being a poorly done first person shooter.  Balefire didnt even kill in one shot :(.

alSeen

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2009, 04:01:22 AM »
i agree that i will probably buy them all anyway because of WoT which is why they might suck. because everyone will still buy them