Author Topic: Michael New. Skar?  (Read 15109 times)

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
Re: Michael New. Skar?
« Reply #165 on: November 05, 2004, 12:45:03 AM »
The difference is JP, that we dont deny that these things happen here. That is not what our argument is based on, while for you, that seems to be an important point.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2004, 11:26:11 AM »
So, that story is supposed to convince me that if the killer had not had a gun, all would have been well and he would have, instead of shooting his victim, shaken hands with him?  I find it far more likely that he would have whacked him with a garden implement of some sort, like a machete.

Your whole argument rested on the idea that such violence doesn't happen where you live.  Ours, as Archon pointed out, had nothing to do with that.

Let's hear an answer to the statistics instead of the intellectual equivalent of "neener neener"
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2004, 01:16:19 PM »
speaking about machetes the new trend in DC is to kill someone with them,... or hack off their hands. Its a El Salvadorian gang thing. Yeah no guns, just 2.5 feet of carbon steel.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2004, 08:00:53 PM »
Except that I, only a few posts ago, both rejected all statistics in the entire world as inaccurate, and agreed with you. And said I want a sniper rifle.

None of you have told me how to convince my government to let me have a sniper rifle yet, either. I'm getting an itchy Sniper urge, and playing Silent Scope isn't enough anymore.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2004, 08:06:07 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm silent scope.....

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2004, 08:21:51 PM »
Ah. Of course.

The first thing you must do is train yourself to kill with homemade nunchaka.  Then you make a name for yourself and wait for the mafia to call you about a job.  Then once they contact you...

...at that point the prime minister should offer you a sniper rifle in the interests of efficiency.  Accept and your wish is granted.  Simple. :D
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2004, 08:29:46 PM »
JP, if I were the cops and you asked for a sniper rifle and said that it was to kill someone I would let you buy one. I am not joking. I would follow you to where you wanted to buy it, let you buy it, and then, I would follow you to where you were going to kill the person with it. Then, when you started to raise the gun, I would hit you with my baton, slap handcuffs on you, and haul you to prison for attempted murder.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2004, 08:48:47 PM »
I never said I wanted to kill someone with it. I want it for when my government turns unstable and such. Y'know, the same reason as all of you.

Do the Nunchucks need to be homemade? I already know a shop I can buy some very good quality ones, including foam practice ones until I get good.

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2004, 08:54:29 PM »
I'm getting an itchy Sniper urge, and playing Silent Scope isn't enough anymore.

I would take that as saying you were going to kill somebody.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2004, 09:13:57 PM »
Nope. I have an urge to shoot sniper rifles. Not at anything in particular, I just want to shoot one.

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 09, 2004, 11:09:55 AM »
Home-made, definitely.  It says something about a killer who makes his own weapons.  Like, I'm poor and I need a job, thus leading the mafia to offer you one.

-Fellfrosch

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 09, 2004, 06:59:25 PM »
On a serious note, shooting sniper quality rifles is fun.  I suggest, if you ever get hold of one, that you use steel targets.  They make a very satisfying "ping" when you hit them and if they're a good long way out there it's a real rush.

-Fellfrosch

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #177 on: November 09, 2004, 07:07:04 PM »
Ok, why has no-one answered my question seriously yet? Telling me what targets to use is less useful than telling me how I convince my government. Else I'll never get my Sniper Rifle.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #178 on: November 09, 2004, 07:18:32 PM »
I'm not hugely familiar with Australian politics, but I imagine talking to your representative in parliament is a good place to start.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 09, 2004, 07:19:35 PM »
hook up with an Austrailian shooting club or gun organization and work with them to change minds...