Local Authors > Reading Excuses

Email List + Submission Dates

(1/310) > >>

Silk:
Welcome to Reading Excuses! If you're not already sure what that is, Reading Excuses is an online critique group. Before you look at this thread, take a look at the Rules of Reading Excuses. Don't worry, we'll wait.

Read that? Excellent! Now you'll actually know what we're talking about when you see our submissions dates.

August 15:  cjhuitt, Mad Scientist, Chaos, Skyhunter, Asmodemon, Will, Guenwyvar
* No more submissions this week, folks! Seven is quite a few.

August 22: Robert, Hubay

To join the email list, please PM both me and Chaos with your email address and one of us will add you to the list.

When it's your turn to submit (and you'll know when it's your turn because you'll have posted on this thread to ask us, right?), you'll send your submission out to all [at] readingexcuses [dot] com

Make sure you format your submission appropriately according to the Rules thread linked above. For a slightly more digestible, but less detailed version of how to submit click here.

Want to know who's involved? Here's a list of everyone who participates, as they're known on TWG.

Silk/Raethe (mod)
Chaos2651 (mod)
Necroben
FirstRainbowRose
WEKM
AvalonDreamer
Little Wilson
Flo the G
Karl
Sortitus
Spejoku
jwdenzel
 Frog
Pipe
Hamster
Rane
Ryos
Ravenstar
ErikHolmes
swaindaddy (Chris)
Miang
Stormcryst
ApocRK
Jexral
manji
Stridera
Recovering Cynic
Westwriter (Greg)
Bravesamewise
Shi
Andrew the Great
Preposterous Justin
LongTimeUnderdog
vegetathalus
clarissavandell
lethalfalcon
Justin Carmony
Dark Prophecy
Asmodemon
ublique
Argas
Shivertongue
Aginor
Pogi Dave
Drew P
Justice1337
Renoard
Talyn
aronsamma
Comatose
Valkynphyre
wisteria_purple
Hubay
Daddy Warpig
Aerim
Derby
Zardog
Eerongal
Fireflyz
Stormblessed
becoop
akoebel
RiaRaen
aqualibrium
sceneTK421
madelste (Michael)
halo6819 (Robert)
Bunchkles (Chris)

jjb:
Sorry if this is answered in the comments on Writing Excuses, but what are these submissions going to be in the form of? Are they responding to the occasional writing prompts from Writing Excuses, or is this a full-fledged writing group where we're writing a whole book and we submit chapters to each other?

Silk:
I'd suggest that people use this forum to submit whatever they feel really needs workshopping. That way people who write short stories or scripts or whatever aren't excluded from the fun, and people who are writing novels can choose to share theirs if they want to.

There's already a thread for Writing Prompts, so I'd say if you just want to SHARE what you've written for a prompt, go there, since that's more of a for-fun thing. If you want an actual critique, then post it here.

Those would be my suggestions, anyway. I await everyone's passionate rejections. ;)

Chaos:
Raethe, this sounds like a brilliant idea. I can always use more input on my stuff, and it would be a good impetus for me to stop slacking off and actually write for once.

Is there any plan to have sort of a weekly schedule, or is it just going to be a "when you have something done, submit it" sort of thing?

jjb:
I will join as well, but I probably won't write stuff to submit until after NaNoWriMo is over.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version