Author Topic: Nerdy Me  (Read 6530 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Nerdy Me
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2003, 09:06:32 PM »
Also if its magic the Cotten tree is an option.  I'd be working that weekend.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2003, 11:37:37 PM »
Sweet. Thanks guys. I'll post more details as we get closer. Magic at the Cottontree Fri. night sounds like a blast. I'm not supposed to spend a lot of money, so i'd rather not buy new cards (especially since I only play with ONE friend out here, and he's the one getting married, so it doesn't happen very often).

Oh, and if I can't trash the rooms I sleep in, I'll just have to leave my chain saw at home. Guess they wouldn't let me take that on the plane anyway.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2003, 12:49:08 AM »
Ok, here's the deal with my trip

My plane arrives in SLC at 1620 on Friday. However, I'm having my grandparents pick me up. I'll have dinner and conversation with them.

Now, if someone is really eager to have me play magic or do something that night, someone can volunteer to come pick me up in Bountiful at 8 or 9. If not, i'm happy to stay with my gparents, and I'll get them to take me down either in time for TLE (which I may drop in on) or at least the temple.

However, I still need rides from the temple, to the reception, and back to the airport very early sunday morning.

The sealing will probably be over at 2:30, but then there's pictures, so I don't expect to need a ride at 3:30 at the earliest. I'll bring the phone number of whoever wants to hang for a few hours, so no one has to hang around while I get pictured a bunch.

The reception is at 7:30. I probably need to be there a few minutes early. I'm sure whatever refreshments will be open to my ride, but it's another case where someone can just bail and not worry about me. From this I'll probably need a ride 9:30 or 10.

Then I'll be exhausted. So I won't want to play that night, but I will want a couch or something to sleep on. Preferably in the home of whoever is graciously volunteering to drive me to the airport. My plan leaves at 6 AM, which is an ungodly hour if ever there was one, so I need to be there by 4:30 I think. They say 2 hours, but I don't even know if the counters would be open before 5. This does, of course, mean leaving Provo at the even more sickening hour of 3:30ish. ick. I know. I will be forever in debt to whoever gives me this ride. This time may change based on my experience on how long it takes to get checked in on my trip out. Been a while since I've travelled.

So, any volunteers for any of these rides? I'd kinda like to have them straightened out ahead of time, so I don't have to worry about it in the (very little) time I have between events this weekend.

Also, and thanks a TON in advance. These are really big favors. I'll be buying at least one driver a meal. The early morning one may even get breakfast if he's up to it. And yes, I know that that won't be enough to cover it. I'll bring some cash for gas money, and still be indebted. You guys are the best.

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2003, 01:06:17 PM »
Assuming no one else jumps at the chance to go get you on Friday, if you want to go to TLE on Saturday, then I'll go (it's nice to drop by every now and then) and pick you up there. From there we can get food as necessary, drop off whatever stuff you have at our place (we have more than enough room for you to sleep that night), and then head to the temple.

I'm not sure what plans everyone else has for you from 3:30-7:30. If there are any games scheduled, whoever is involved will probably be willing to pick you up and drop you off. If no games happen, I can drive.

Sunday morning you'll be driven by Brandon, who is always awake at that hour anyway.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2003, 11:20:25 PM »
Cool. Thanks guys. So far, no one has expressed any interest in a game between 3:30-7:30. That time is currently dead.

Any takers for Friday night?

Oh, Tage and EUOL, could you email me your phone numbers so I'll have those?

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2003, 12:21:57 AM »
I'm available at that time (3:30-7:30). Friday night however is probably a no go for me.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2003, 11:20:00 AM »
Sounds good. What do you want to play? Axis and Allies? should I bother bringing my Magic cards at all this weekend?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2003, 11:28:02 AM »
I'm actually full all weekend, despite my earlier thoughts to the contrary. So don't plan on me, but if you do play something win it for me.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2003, 11:31:08 AM »
/me has Fell destroyed for foolishness.

Skip whatever you got and hang with us

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2003, 12:52:48 PM »
What times are we looking at, specifically?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2003, 11:23:32 PM »
Since no one is coming to get me Friday night, only the 3:30-7:30 slot
When Ben will be taking me from photos to.... somewhere to do.... soemthing.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2003, 12:52:24 PM »
That's no good, I'm having some friends over for a barbecue.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2003, 11:11:29 AM »
I see how it is Fell. We're not your friends.

Oh, and incidentally Tage and EUOL, sorry for bugging you so much yesterday morninng. Apparently I'm just a retard. My checkbook was in my day planner. *sigh*

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2003, 01:31:48 PM »
LOL

I was just waiting for a message like that. Knowing you, I figured it was somewhere in your stuff.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2003, 01:37:03 PM »
Yeah, well, I was SURE I had put it in my pocket, not my day planner. And besides, I had LOOKED in my day planner to see if it was in there. Guess I was looking for cards, not the checkbook. or maybe I'm blind AND retarded