Author Topic: I Hate Hot Food!!!  (Read 7427 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: I Hate Hot Food!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2006, 08:55:53 PM »
I have tried several curries. I maintain the same opinion. I doubt you will be able to convert me.

blcdrayco

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Oops.  Well, who needs Asia anyways, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 12:30:18 AM »

Fell, I know what you mean. It seems to me that people who don't like spicy food are just unwilling to try new and spicy foods. It gets to me at times, but I tell myself that it is only a minor character flaw and that it doesn't mean anything.

Um, HI.  For quite some time I was allergic to spicy food (most of the chemicals that cause food to taste "spicy") and still am to several.  I have had far to many people assume that that means that I simply "don't like" spicy food.  To boot, I find that many people over spice their food to disguise bad flavor.  So I actaually do dislike a lot of spicy food- and for good reason.
Sorry, that was a bit of a rant
It does not matter if you are the emperor of man- If your wife is angry, you sleep on the couch.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2006, 12:40:47 AM »
I have tried several curries. I maintain the same opinion. I doubt you will be able to convert me.

I only like mild, Japanese curries.  In fact that's supper tomorrow night! Hoorah!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 12:41:08 AM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 02:52:07 AM »

For quite some time I was allergic to spicy food.  I have had far to many people assume that that means that I simply "don't like" spicy food.

Wow, this just reminded me of when I was about five; I would tell people that I was allergic to ketchup because I didn't like it in the slightest. I seem to remember it drove my older brother nuts.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2006, 12:37:14 PM »
blcdrayco, if you're truly allergic to spicy food then I will do my best to forgive you. That's like becoming an atheist because you're allergic to God--it's sad, but what else are you going to do?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2006, 01:24:38 PM »
Oh, don't start going soft Fell, just because someone has no control over their situation or environment doesn't mean that other people shouldn't make them feel sorry for being that way.

;D

hehe, jk. I am sure people who don't like hot food are nice too.

My wife is one of them.
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2006, 02:44:42 PM »
I don't think I could have married a non-spicy-food-eater. I mean, honestly: I'm not a barbarian.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 02:58:52 PM »
Oh it's ok, We both eat a different kind of meat every 15 minutes. That makes up for the spicy thing.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2006, 05:18:14 AM »
I'm not particularly partial to spicy food. I don't dislike it, I just don't crave it either. Spicy food it something I like every once and while, maybe on Easter and Christmas.

Now what I don't get are people who can't handle sweet food. If eating one Krispy Creme doughnut gives you a head ache, or eating half a Napolean makes you dizzy, then you seriously need to repent. There is no sugar rush that is too big of a rush.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2006, 12:51:08 PM »
Okay 42, I know the suger thing is a attack on me. The fact that a Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut gives me a headache may not be totally related to suger and all Krispy Kremes are cooked in a river of fat.

It not that I don't like to have something sweet once in a while but I need spicy food. Sweet and spicy is a very good combination (this is why I like the korean hot pepper).

on Apr 30th, 2006, 9:30pm, blcdrayco wrote:
For quite some time I was allergic to spicy food.  I have had far to many people assume that that means that I simply "don't like" spicy food.  

blcdrayco, your problem with saying that you allergic to spicy food is that spicy food is such a broad category. That is why people assume that you simple don't like spicy food. Are you allergic to something a simple a black pepper or is only certain types of spicy foods like the Mexican jalepino? If you say that you are allergic to a particular spice and that is gives a rash or something else that is commonly caused by eating spice food, then I think people would be more understanding. But to simply say you are allergic to spicy food is confusing.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2006, 01:47:01 PM »
I don't like sweet things either. I rarely eat candy or chocolate, and I always scrape the frosting off my cake. I like most baked sweets, but even cookies are usually too much. They don't give me a headache or anything, they're just too sweet.

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2006, 02:06:06 PM »
The only things I would say I don't like with a passion are spaghetti, artificial raspberry flavoring and green olives (vile weed).

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2006, 02:37:56 PM »
heathens
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2006, 08:27:33 PM »
I love sweet food, and spicy food (though not like the Mad Dr. and associates).  I prefer a nice mild spice to much (though certainly not all - keep the peppers out of French dishes with cheese or cream!) of my cooking and eating.  By "mild spice" I mean several jalapeños or serranos (depending on the dish and size, etc).  I tend to put a few good dashes of tabasco in otherwise "normal" soups, and I splash it on over Mexican food.

However, I have made dishes that were outrageously spicy, even by the standards of those who like spicy food; We once made a single Thai dish with 10 serrano chilis which were blended (seeds and all) into the dish (along with the other flavorings).  That one'd bring tears to your eyes, for sure.

I would just like to also make the comment that Thai curries are VERY different from Indian curries, and it's particularly important to differentiate the two; Thai curries do not actually contain curry (but rather contain curry paste).  I haven't particularly liked the Indian curries I've had, at least not when compared to the bliss that is Thai curry (if you couldn't tell, Thai is my favorite kind of food).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 08:29:28 PM by JadeKnight »
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2006, 09:09:35 AM »
Thai and Indian curries are both among the curries that I have had and found intolerable.