Author Topic: Heroquest question for Slant  (Read 1235 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Heroquest question for Slant
« on: October 21, 2003, 01:23:12 PM »
Hey Slant, have you seen the new Heroquest RPG, it looks like just your style.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Re: Heroquest question for Slant
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 08:30:22 PM »
I've seen it, but haven't picked it up.  Is it any good?  Let me know.  

I HAVE picked up Testament and I love it!!!  It is a Bible-age rpg put out by Green Ronin, who also put out Skull & Bones (the only RPG to be rated "Arrrrrr.").  It is a fascinating history lesson if nothing else, and really points out how those ancient Biblical folk were very often both hero and villain at once.  The spells are very well done and add to the feel of the game.  New super-feats are added that reflect the special abilities of certain Biblical characters.  Plus, there are new combat rules where the heroes can do incredible moves, literally the stuff of legend, like killing a thousand men in single combat armed with only a shoddy sword and the Lord's Wrath.  I strongly urge everybody to go out and pick this one up, even if you never intend to play it.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 08:37:08 PM »
Does it have anything on the Assyrians (AKA Coneheads in chariots)?
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 01:12:31 AM »
Yep.  Has stuff on all the groups of that time period.  Really fun stuff.  And apparently the whole Scorpion King (as seen in the film) myth was based on historical fact.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 02:42:45 AM »
Well to some effect yes the scorpion king was a real person during the first dynasty of Egypt.  He's accredited for 2 things:
1) combining nothern Egypt into one contry (southern egypt was still a seperate country).
2) developing the language that was a precurser to Hyroglyphics.  These were simple characters that were used to keep track of food stores and trade.  Some people say this is the first language in that area others dissagree on the date.

Not much else is known about him.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.