Author Topic: If you're coming to my wedding reception, RSVP NOW  (Read 3617 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
If you're coming to my wedding reception, RSVP NOW
« on: March 20, 2005, 10:58:04 PM »
Hey everyone...my wedding is THIS FRIDAY.

No one except my parents has RSVPd at all, so if you are going to go to the reception (and I hope you do) please RSVP now. If you don't have the info that was on the wedding invitations (none of the invitations got sent back in the mail as undeliverable so I'm assuming so far that the addresses were correct), the number you are supposed to RSVP to is Roland Holt (Karen's grandfather) at (801)561-1584.

This is NOT a "line up at one door and go out the other door" like many Utah receptions. There aren't going to be a huge number of people there. You're the only people I'm inviting that I actually care if they show up. I don't have any relatives in Utah, just some people who are friends of my parents from being in wards together in the past who I don't even really know at all or if I did it was when I was like 10 years old.

There's going to be a soup & salad bar and it will start at 6:00. If you want to just have cake then show up at 7:00, but they need a headcount so please do RSVP. Maybe it is gauche to contact people this way but it's seriously the only way I talk to anyone here so it's what I'm doing...

So again, the wedding reception location is the clubhouse of Brookstone Condos, 1630 East 6400 South, Salt Lake City, from 6-8 P.M. Please RSVP to Roland Holt at (801)561-1584.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 10:58:22 PM by OoklaTheMok »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
Re: If you're coming to my wedding reception, RSVP
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 11:03:06 PM »
Will do.  I plan to be there.

Writing group is in salt lake anyway, at 8:00, so this is very convenient for me!

Oh, and check your PM's.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 11:53:10 PM »
Wish I could come, but I won't be in Utah this weekend.  :(  Congratulations, though! I want to see pictures.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 03:18:52 AM »
I will definitely make some pictures available when I get them. Could be a couple weeks though.

Both of you check your PMs. Argh, the private message system isn't obvious enough...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 03:20:15 AM by OoklaTheMok »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 06:08:14 AM »
My Mom and sisters will be in town this weekend so I probaly wont be there.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 09:08:01 AM »
I, like Stacer, would be there if I could. I will, however, be a couple thousand miles too far away. Best wishes to you and Karen though!

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 10:54:33 AM »
I will be there, but probably just me, and since I dont' get off work until 5:30, just pencil me in for cake.  Is there a dress code?
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 11:35:07 AM »
I will be there, and I will RSVP to Karen's dad today. Sorry about letting it slip, I'm too accustomed to the typical "walk through and shake hands" style reception where RSVPing doesn't really affect anything.

Am I supposed to bring my kids or leave them somewhere? (Don't worry, I'll give them some basic survival training first.)
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 11:43:02 AM »
Fuzzy please rsvp at that number (unless you really want me to do it for you, which is okay, but I need to know...) Uhhhhhhh I guess the dress code is "nice"..."business nice" or "nice casual" should be fine. Jeans might be asking too much. But who knows, maybe jeans are fine? I can ask if you want but I assume not.

Fell I think it would be cool if your kids came... I know some other people are bringing kids so they wouldn't be completely out of place. It's up to you how long you stay as well. I don't think I've really seen much of your kids ever if at all so that would be cool.

Umm...is something still happening the night before? Laser tag/anime?

I still want to meet with people on Thursday for lunch at like 12:30-1:00...who can make it?

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 11:49:44 AM »
Oh man. You will LOVE Fell's kids. They're like a bundle of swadling clothing wrapped in comic-book paper.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 11:52:13 AM »
What block of time can you give us Thursday night? I've got the night already set aside on my schedule, but we need specifics to plan around. I kept waiting for you to show up on IM, but I suppose I should have just emailed you.

Lunch should work. Where are we meeting? I could suggest some places if you give me an idea of price and genre.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2005, 12:00:35 PM »
Is "genre" usually used for food?

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 12:41:23 PM »
I probably will be available for the bachelor party the night before. However, a few of my brothers, sister-in-laws, nieces and nephews are flying in on friday. And I'm training for my new job this weekend. Hence my schedule is rapidly filling up for this weekend.

When's the latest I can RSVP?

Chances are I won't be able to make a decision until Wednesday.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2005, 12:47:54 PM »
Also, did you intentionally decide to get married on Good Friday?
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Tage

• Level 29
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2005, 12:48:40 PM »
I'll RSVP too. I might be able to make lunch on Thursday, but only if it's in Orem or Provo.

EDIT: I just called to RSVP. Karen's grandpa sounds like a nice old guy.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 12:55:23 PM by Tage »
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."