Author Topic: If you're coming to my wedding reception, RSVP NOW  (Read 3640 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: If you're coming to my wedding reception, RSVP
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2005, 01:48:39 PM »
We could play Starcraft easily, and possibly even Brood War if we scrounge up enough CDs. Diablo 2 might even be a possibility, though I hadn't thought of it, because so many people own it.

As for your sarcasm, you're not coming, so we don't care what you think.

It's only a plan B, after all--we cna probably make laser tag work. Speaking of which, how many people are coming to the bachelor party? We need to plan this out right.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2005, 01:55:03 PM »
I'm free thursday night.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2005, 04:11:26 PM »
Ahhh.........who has the last name of "Stenhedge" or "Spenhedge" or something like that...and 7 children? If it's anyone here, I apologize for there not being enough room for the 7 children at the reception...umm...

LAN party: if something can be worked out that's cool, assuming you don't find a laser tag place open. I've got a families-meet-the-families thing from 5-7 Thursday night, so anything before 8 is definitely out (especially if it's in Provo/Orem).

Anime: seriously, I don't care what, even if it's something I've seen before. Even if it's something as horrible as Gall Force or Sailer [sic] Starlight Odin 1/2, I'd probably get a kick out of mocking it (Gall Force would be the easiest to mock, since it reminds me so much of all the bad sci-fi stories submitted to the leading edge, rolled into one, including the cliche ending of all cliche endings). But something I haven't seen would be cool too I'm sure; I'm not saying this has to be an mst3k type thing at all; that's just one option.

For the lunch thing: if no one has any better idea we could just go to PF Chang's in University Mall again. Not saying that because I have a hankering for it or anything; it's just an easy option.

We're leaving for the drive within half an hour or so, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to check the internet after that. Maybe late tonight, but maybe not until tomorrow.

I'm so dang excited...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 04:12:15 PM by OoklaTheMok »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2005, 04:21:32 PM »
I can't understand why you'd be excited two days before your wedding.

Oh. Wait. I get it.

seriously, I don't know why, but the only completely sleepless night I've had in my life was the night before my wedding. I wasn't nervous, I just couldn't sleep.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2005, 05:01:25 PM »
I couldn't sleep the night before because I was playing Starcraft for hours on end.

I've didn't like PF Changs the one time I went, but I'll give it a second chance. PF Changs it is: all interested parties go to the University Mall, on the south side, about half way down. It's right next to Rodizio's. I have to get to a meeting at 1, so is everyone cool with showing up a little early--around 11:00? I can call ahead and reserve a table.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2005, 05:18:33 PM »
well, we had Chinese and expensive root beer and watched hockey at Jeffe's house, but I was in bed by 1ish, I think.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2005, 06:25:40 PM »
P.F. Chang's is good for me. I have  scheadule change for this week so I can make it to the lunch, in fact 11:00 works out well for me.

And Rodizio closed down, it's now a California Pizza place there.

Also, i hope to make it to at least part of the bachelor party, but now have to be at work around 11:00 that night. I'm just training with Sprig, and he's said it's okay if I'm little late.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2005, 06:36:38 PM »
Maybe we should try the California Pizza Kitchen; I've heard that's pretty good.

We've got a reservation for Laser Tag at 8:30 tomorrow night. For an hour of play we need at least ten people to get a game floor for ten dollars each; if we have less it's $12 each. They might end up grouping us with someone else, but he doesn't expect to be very busy.

The list as it stands right now:
Ookla
Fellfrosch
Tage
EUOL
Spriggan
Prometheus
Skar

I'll update this list as more people confirm that they're coming. When we finish up around 9:30 we can head to Tage and EUOL's place for anime, booze, and strippers.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 08:00:37 PM by Fellfrosch »

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2005, 06:46:08 PM »
Sprig said he could go.

I'll bet we can get Morag.  I'll contact him.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2005, 06:47:18 PM »
Prometheus I think is planning on coming.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2005, 06:57:05 PM »
I thought Sprig said he was busy, but hooray if he's not. Big dumb Mustard is busy, though, I know that. What about Skar?

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2005, 07:44:31 PM »
Skar can come for the laser tag.

8:30 thursday night?

Address?
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2005, 08:00:19 PM »
8:30 Thursday night, at Laser Assault. It's the same place we did laser tag with Morag, about 2nd west and somewhere between 2nd and 3rd north in Provo; right by the Smiths.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2005, 01:22:51 AM »
Well my Mom will be in town tomorrow, she said 7-8 pm so that means 10-11pm, I said I couldn't do anything friday.

I'll be at Laser Tag but will probaly have to leave after that for work.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2005, 01:41:10 AM »

seriously, I don't know why, but the only completely sleepless night I've had in my life was the night before my wedding. I wasn't nervous, I just couldn't sleep.

I slept, but I spent all night dreaming that my roommates were keeping me up with loud parties and I spent the night yelling at them in my dreams that I was getting married the next day and they had to shut up.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan