Author Topic: Yet more grumpiness  (Read 42142 times)

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Yet more grumpiness
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2005, 12:37:20 PM »
Don't you hate it when you set your alarm wrong--like you put in the wrong hour? Say, 7:45am instead of 6:45am, so instead of getting up 15 minutes earlier than you normally would (at 7am) you wake up, horrified to learn that you have 15 minutes to get ready and then have to run the 1.25 mi to the subway station so that you're not late for work!! And then you get there just in time for a long, boring meeting in a room where the heat is stuck on the "Iguana" setting or something. *sigh*
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

scAri

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • ?
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2005, 04:22:49 PM »
Uh... yeah.

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2005, 09:37:57 PM »
I'm grumpy because I have to write almost an entire story for Creative Writing that is due tomorrow (Yes I did start it before now, I'm not that big a procratinator! I just need massive rewriting).
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Lightning Eater

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2005, 09:40:58 PM »
how long did it have to be?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 09:41:19 PM by Lightning_Eater »

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2005, 09:53:28 PM »
3-5 pages typed, 5-8 handwritten, but knowing me it'll end up being 10 or so typed. I tend to blow through limits like that. :(
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 09:55:03 PM by OneEyedGreenPerson »

Lightning Eater

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2005, 10:07:42 PM »
what did the subject have to be about?

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2005, 10:09:29 PM »
Science Fiction.

Lightning Eater

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2005, 10:20:12 PM »
you're lucky, at my school there are barely any assingments like that, when we actually have to write short stories the topics are boring.

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2005, 10:47:02 PM »
Where do you go to school?

My problem is that Fell's other half (my teacher) keeps giving out new assignments every week and a half or so.

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2005, 11:14:41 PM »
don't you hate it when all the people around starts to fall apart and you can't do anything about it but pick up the pieces while you yourself crumble...
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2005, 12:30:24 AM »
While you should help your friends, don't forget to allow yourself time to meditate or have a quiet time, something that will help you relax and recharge. Even if it's taking deep breaths for a few minutes, it might help you have more strength to deal with your friends' problems.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2005, 02:03:41 AM »
 >:(I'm grumpy because I had just gotten into my writing rythem for my homework assignment when the computer started being stupid and I had to restart it.  >:(Now it'll take me like ten minutes of staring at the screen and writing crappy paragraphs before I'm in the right rythem again. >:( I HATE MY COMPUTER! >:( >:( >:(

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2005, 04:48:13 PM »
I barely made it to work this morning, and I worry that I won't be able to get home. The "minor" problem in my clutch that my brother says should require a $30 power bleed of the clutch has turned into a "must replace the master cylinder and the slave cylinder" situation, which involves taking the transmission apart, which means that $30 just turned into $850. Which I don't have. I didn't even have the $30. I paid $1000 for the Jeep in the first place! It's *so* not worth it.

I would drop the car and take the bus, if it didn't take over 2 hours to get to work, each way, from my house. Carpooling won't work. So I have to have a car, at least for the next 6 months while I live so far from work (oo, so far, all of 15 miles).

I just seriously don't know how to juggle it all. My computer's falling apart, my car is falling apart, my apartment is too expensive, student loans are due, and so on and on. I just can't pay for it all.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2005, 01:11:08 AM »
Oh, crap, car trouble and bills are enough to make anyone grumpy. I'm sorry your car has betrayed you. Stupid little problems often turn out to be major headaches with cars.  >:(  
I'm crossing my fingers that when I drive to MA from UT, my car won't give me any trouble. (I'm just flying home and driving back). I -do- have to buy all new tires, though. How in the world can I afford to get any gifts for people this year??
Student loans really suck, too. I've got one in deferment and I cringe to think what the payments will be after all my Emerson loans. eeeek.
I hope that freelancing stuff might help out for you--like the photography and working for that journal.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 01:11:58 AM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2005, 01:26:14 AM »
Man, that makes what I'm grumpy about seem mild, hope everything turns out okay for you.

I'm grumpy because I got a huge headache today, which my mom says was probably a migrain. As a result I was unable to work on my story for Creative Writing, so i'll most likely be up late tonight--again. >:(