General > Suggestions Box

Holiday Survey!

(1/7) > >>

The Jade Knight:
What are your favorite holiday elements?

Let me know if I've missed something.

Peter Ahlstrom:
How about Christmas Cake?

I always thought it was just a strange Japanese pseudo-Western thing like White Day, but apparently non-Japanese Christmas Cakes really do exist in the UK, Ireland, and other such countries (plus the Philippines).

...Well, there is fruitcake in the US which has holiday connotations, but it's never called Christmas Cake.

Necroben:
Snow flakes?  I see snowmen on the list but we don't really get snow where I'm at so that's out for me.  But having Snow on or around Christmas is always a big deal down here.  So the symbol is heavily present.

The Jade Knight:
Added snowflakes and holiday food.

Yule logs are popular in some places, etc.

For me, Christmas always has been cookie season.  It's a family thing.  This year, lacking my grandmother, we still managed to make English Shortbreads, Filled Cookies (in raisin, strawberry, peach, apricot, and marmalade flavors), brownies, and caramel (it counts).  Oh, and caramel ice cream (doesn't really count, but still yummy).

42:
What about gifts and presents?

It's not the first thing that comes to mind, but I do always remember the small warehouse of presents my family would open on Christmas morning and into the afternoon. (We don't actually give each other a lot of gifts on Christmas, it's just a large family.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version