General > Suggestions Box

Tell us?

(1/5) > >>

Miyabi:
Uhm, let us in on what's going on?  It is after all, nice to know what's happening on a site you spend hours a day on.

I mean I'm freaking out wondering what's happening.  I logged on and everything was blank and stuff.  Now it's all blue. o.0  What happened?

Fellfrosch:
We got hacked. We're slowly piecing it all back together.

Miyabi:
Oh OK.  Thanks. Using PHPBB3 would help prevent that.  SMF is actually quite vulnerable.  BUT I guess you guys are probably used to using SMF and don't want to reprogram the style sheets for PHPBB3.  You could mod the SMF data in order to make it less vulnerable too.  Just google hacking SMF and then look at what is being exploited in order to hack it then edit those strings within the system you already have.  That's quite a bit of work tough.

Spriggan:
Nothing is 100% secure, there's no difference between PHPBB3 and SMF when it comes to security even if the exploits are different, plus Google just people results pop up on a google search for "Hack SMF" doesn't mean there are more or less exploits then for a different BBS.
That being said the reason I chose SMF over PHPBB is at the time PHPBB was suffering from a lot of SQLinjections and a lot of sites I visit moved away from it because there was no fix for the problem. 

But I think they came in through the front page which uses a very old version of PHPnuke (probably from around 2002) which is why it's not back up yet.

Miyabi:
From my experience PHPBB3 is very secure and I only found one hole, and some people I know can only find that same hole.  I know that those aren't ALL the exploits available for it, but you could get a lot of the more commonly used ones protected.

Just attempting to hlep.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version