Author Topic: Diplomacy, anyone?  (Read 54006 times)

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy, anyone?
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2004, 11:45:13 AM »
 :)

Okay, so about a day and a half until orders should be coming in.  Feel free to submit orders today or any time tomorrow.  The sooner we get all the orders in the sooner you'll be able to see the results.  When submitting please include the following information in the subject: "diplomacy," "orders," and your country's name.  (My email address, if you've forgotten, in listed on my profile.)

I have orders for one country already.  If you submitted orders but want to change your mind (and it's before the cutoff) then just resubmit; as moderator I'll use only the latest set of orders that I receive from any country.

I've said this more than once before, but it's important: make sure you know how to write orders.  I will be bound by the rules to ignore any orders that are unclear or ambiguous, and bound to hold you to what your orders say even if it's not what you intended.  Now's the time to ask questions, not after the fact.  Again, instructions on writing orders can be found on the site, in the diplomacy reference files thread, or on SaintEhler's site (linked on post 1 of the diplomacy refernce files thread.)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2004, 11:58:21 AM by Lieutenant_Kije »

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2004, 11:28:24 AM »
So today's the last day to get orders in!  I have received orders for 3 of the 7 powers.  I will not say who has yet to submit until tomorrow (if I have to,) just to keep an air of secrecy about things.

I'll check my box tomorrow morning (about 24 hours from now) and if I have everyone's orders I'll try and have the results posted within 24 hours of that (it really depends on how work goes.)

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2004, 01:39:33 AM »
Now, or sometime in the near future, would be an excellent time to send orders.  n8hatfield at hotmail dotcom, subject: "diplomacy orders [your country here]"

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2004, 01:14:40 PM »
Okay - I've got everyone's orders in but England's (Archon) and Italy's (Entropy).  If anyone has any contact with them outside the forum could you remind them?  

As I stated before, I'm not going to be heavy-handed with the deadlines, but if a couple days go by and I still get no orders I'm going to have to assume that the countries in question do nothing.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2004, 02:42:28 PM »
Italy's in - thanks Entropy - so it's just England now.

Unless anyone objects terribly,  I'm going to open the orders that I've received so far just to check over them.  It's the first turn and even though I've emphasized writing orders correctly, there may still be problems and while we're waiting I might be able to clear any up.  This wouldn't interfere with any game mechanics as I have the orders in my possession and no one is aware of anyone else's orders yet.

For transparency's sake, I wrote myself an email with my orders on Thursday, which I can forward to anyone after all orders are posted (should they require it) as proof that my orders were in pre-deadline and unchanged post-deadline.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2004, 01:20:55 PM »
Okay!  All orders are in and I will work today to get everything posted.  I will post all orders here and on the site, as well as a new map on the site.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2004, 09:45:41 PM »
Okay, here's a list of the orders as I received them.  Again, should anyone doubt (not that you don't trust me, but for transparency's sake) I can forward anyone any of the dated emails I received as proof of the orders.  

Some people submitted "hold" orders, which is fine (giving orders for each of my units, even hold orders, helps me keep track of them) but I didn't include them below, as all units without orders hold anyways.

Austria
F Trieste - Albania
A Budapest - Romania
A Vienna - Tyrolia

England
F Edinburg - Yorkshire

France
A Paris - Burgundy
A Marseille - Spain

Germany
F Kiel - Denmark
A Berlin - Kiel
A Munich - Ruhr

Italy
A Rome - Apulia

Russia
F St. Petersburg - Gulf of Bothnia
F Sevastopol - Black Sea
A Warsaw - Ukraine
A Moscow - St. Petersburg

Turkey
A Constantinople - Bulgaria
A Smyrna - Constantinople

All orders were carried out successfully, as there were no conflicts.  A new map is available at the site (1901b (Fall)) in the photos section.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2004, 09:53:19 PM »
So now the next turn (Fall 1901) begins.  Remember: after this turn the number of units are adjusted to reflect the number of supply centers you control.  The supply centers are the spaces with black dots on the map (they're underlined on the blocky "basic map".)  To gain control of a supply center, you must have a unit in that province with the supply center at the end of the Fall turn (and this coming turn is a Fall turn.)  You do not need to have units in supply center provinces that you have controlled in the past; you will retain control of a supply center until a unit of another power takes control of it (by occupying it at the end of a Fall turn.)

Let's give a week for diplomacy, so next Saturday night (US Mountain time) we'll get new orders in.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2004, 11:28:36 PM »
I posted the map to my site (no cookies needed!)

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2004, 02:44:22 PM »
thanks Saint

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2004, 11:56:53 AM »
So just a few days left.  Remember the orders submission deadline is midnightish -7 or 8 GMT on Saturday (which is Sunday for JP, I believe.)

I have received two sets of orders already; feel free to submit early if you're ready.

And remember that after this turn the number of units each powers fields is recalculated.  For a brief summary on how that's done see reply #103 (page 7, bottom) of this thread.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 11:58:00 AM by Lieutenant_Kije »

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2004, 12:13:21 PM »
One more thing:

Since units will be added (and possibly removed, butn ot likely) we will have an additional orders-writing period after all of the regular orders are submitted.  Once I have everyone's orders for this turn I will post them as soon as I can, along with the builds/disbands for each power.  I will need to receive build/disband orders for each power affected.  

For example, if England were to have one build they might write an order like one of these:
Build fleet in London
Build army in Edinburgh

Those orders are to be written without conducting any diplomacy at all, so if you want to talk to another player about where you're going to be building stuff after this turn, now's the time to do it.  The build/disband orders deadline should only be two days (max) after the results are posted.  So to plan for that, be thinking about how many (if any) units you might have to build or disband, and be thinking about where you want that to happen.

Remember: you can only build new units on one of your initial supply centers (for Italy, for example, that would be Venice, Rome, and Naples.)  If all those centers are occupied you can't build anything at all, even if you're entitled to!

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2004, 05:56:29 PM »
Okay, tomight's the night.  So in roughly 10-12 hours if you could have your orders in that would be wonderful.  And remember to be thinking about where you want to build your units if you think you will be getting some.  I'll send out an email reminder also.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2004, 06:00:04 PM »
Okay, so I just checked my email and I've got orders from everyone but England and France,  Thanks all!

Master Xaio

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • All power corrupts, absolute power's even more fun
    • View Profile
    • Eradicator II RPG
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2004, 08:40:47 PM »
Submitting now, apologies for it being late.
"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams"
William Yeats, 'He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven'.