Local Authors > Stephanie Fowers

We the Peeps

(1/3) > >>

guitarbabe:
Hey, I would love to share my music...now as you all know, I can play a guitar, but I don't know anything about this durn computer...noooope! Does anyone here know how I can do that? I DO have it on CD, but I'll warn you, it's pretty crazy stuff.

We recorded it at one of our guys' friends apartments, and it has a garage band sound to it...especially since they only had time for us to record each song once before they went and recorded their stuff at a real studio. But we HAD to record it that day because that was the day before our violinist went to...Rochester New York...I finally got it. Apparently when you record, you're supposed to record each instrument separately, only bands like U2 record together. It's supposed to improve the sound or something when you record separately. Well, we only had two hours to record, so that wasn't an option. I still like it, but of course, I'm biased.

We also have pictures of our band, and the cover of our CD and all that (the cover is on my website on the 'about me' section).

On a side note, I also have some 'Mormon ads' we made for our ward directory...to encourage dating. I took the pictures and the guy who helped me with my website designed the layout. It was a complete joke and they're pretty funny. We even saw it in someone else's chapel (outside a bishop's office). Once I figure out how to download that kind of stuff (and if it doesn't take too much space, I'd do it).

Hey, so does anyone else play an instrument? Have a band? I'd love to hear about it. Any other crazy projects?

Eric James Stone:

--- Quote ---Does anyone here know how I can do that? I DO have it on CD,
--- End quote ---

If you have it on CD, then you can create MP3 files out of the songs. (If you aren't sure whether you have a program to do that, you can get RealPlayer for free from http://www.real.com.) You could then upload the files to your website (or have whoever takes care of your website upload them for you.)

Mad Dr Jeffe:
and be prepared to hemmorage bandwidth :D

guitarbabe:
You are mad!

Okay, I'll bug my friend about helping me out with that. You realize, of course, that I will now owe him EVEN more Taco Bell. The things I do...

Here's a line from WWFHE: "Brothers and sisters, it's Monday Night again and it's time to party...and get some loving from your father and mother...don't be a heathen, come to Family Home Evening..."

Now do you still wanna hear it? Hey, I really really try to be good, but my sense of humor gets in the way every time!

Oldie Black Witch:
(Sorry, guitarbabe. I'm busting the off-topic curve. :D)

Oh suuuure. I get a frog ad here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version