Author Topic: TWG Gaming night  (Read 23311 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: TWG Gaming night
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2004, 01:38:59 AM »
But I have to try out my unique Hellboy and Silver Surfer figures. Course, I have work until 3:00 so you guys can do whatever before then.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2004, 01:55:31 AM »
I don't own any Hero Clicks.  If I came, could I play with My Little Ponys?

since I'll be working Saturday it won't hurt to say yes, either.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2004, 11:19:50 AM »
Do you have enough SHIELD to make me a 'good' army? (I don't care if I get creamed. I just want to try a pack of little guys out. I'd probably need some Leadership ect. to pull it off) If not SHIELD, then HYDRA or something would work too.

Playing the wild card is fun.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2004, 11:54:23 AM »
I was thinking a fairly random team would be fun - just pulling figures out of the bag and doing my best to work with what I was given.  But whatever - I'd play an organized team also.  

And free for all sounds fun.  But again, whatever.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2004, 11:56:03 AM »
Oh, and can we start setting up deatils for Saint's visit in June?  I'm starting to be put on the schedule as a substitute at my wife's work and I need to know when to not be available for them.  

I'm talking date/time/place details, not game details.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2004, 12:10:48 PM »
The only thing I'm positive about at this point is June 25. You guys tell me where to be. I'll try to get you a time frame as soon as I can.

If we go for many hours, people who have to go to appointments, like 42, won't miss out on the fun just because of inconvenient timing.

I know you said you weren't talking about games, but I hope it'll be a long play-session. I'm hoping to play several different games. I'd like to try Emperor, and I'm willing to be converted to Clix, which I've never played (and hope not to every choose to buy). I'm also up for board games. A one shot RP session is probably asking too much.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2004, 01:48:48 PM »
When I suggested a one-shot RP session, I was thinking more something along the lines of a battle-fest. Bring some characters pre-made and bash heads together. That'd take a while too, but it's more doable.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2004, 01:52:48 PM »
hrm.. A tourney possibly? Decide a level or point value, make the character, bring a min, and duel it out? Interesting.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2004, 02:25:23 PM »
You could run a normal adventure too (for 2-3 hours at least) just require people create their characters before hand so you don't have to spend all that time doing so.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2004, 04:28:41 PM »
May 29: I will be arriving at Tage and EUOL's house around 11:30 or 12. Nate and Ady will be with me, as will my family, though they're only staying for lunch and not the games. We have our own meat for the barbecue.

I assume we're using Micah's charcoal grill? Do you already have charcoal for it? Will it be heated up and ready to cook on at noon? Or do I need to come up there early and bust some heads?

I can stay until around 5 or 6 that night, which should give us plenty of time to play a Heroclix game and then some--maybe two, so we can start a new one at 3 when 42 shows up with his uniques to kill us. I'll put together an army of SHIELD people for Prometheus (does Captain America as leader sound good? I don't have a Nick Fury, unfortunately); and we can certainly arrange a random army selection process for Kije.

Also note that I've built several Magic decks, so if there's a spare moment here or there I'd love to play someone.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2004, 06:35:13 PM »
I normally have an aversion to Captain America, but he'll do for this purpose. If nothing else, I can wander over to 42's Hellboy and annoy him into killing ol' Cap. It's not like I'm exactly looking to dominate the field with SHIELD agents.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2004, 06:57:19 PM »
I'd rather play mage knight.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2004, 10:43:26 PM »
Friday, June 25th then, SE?

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2004, 10:53:05 PM »
yup.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2004, 07:26:30 AM »
Okay, for Saturday, my editor emailed me today and suggested that I go to Conduit--the Salt Lake SF con.  He seems to think that it is important that I begin to establish a presence in the local SF community.  The con runs from 8-4 on Saturday, so I might end up going to it for part of the day.  I really want to see if I can track Dave down and see if--now that I've followed his other advice and gotten myself published--he has anything interesting to tell me.

It's not set yet, but Moshe has a pretty good point.  I'd miss the BBQ for sure, but I could try and be back for the games.  We'll see.  Career trumps playing, I'm afraid.  Another option would be to go up tommorow, but I don't know if Dave is going to be there Friday, and I'm sure he'll be there Saturday.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch