Author Topic: TWG Gaming night  (Read 23307 times)

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: TWG Gaming night
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2004, 01:40:37 AM »
I'm not so interested in a MtG fest.  I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, but I'd like it if something else was going on at the same time (clix, tabletop, board game, etc.)

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2004, 01:49:16 AM »
I was thinking that having other activities was the plan. I'm not trying to preempt that at all...just trying to get some folks to try out Emperor with me, as I've wanted to do that for a while (But it takes six people. Kinda hard.)

If anyone is interested, I can probably borrow my brother's episodes of RahXephon again. It's an anime that I hadn't heard of before he started getting it, but I've found it really enjoyable. And, if Magic the Gathering draws little interest, I'd be up for a game of History of the World (as if we had enough time for it) or some other sort of random silliness...maybe even a D&D brawl.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2004, 02:23:06 AM »
Well, you convinced me that it would be fun to try, but I don't know if this weekend is the time to do it. I'll bring my decks, but this might work better in June when SE's in town.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2004, 03:17:57 AM »
I have no intrest in playing magic either.  I actualy would like to have a TWG gaming night that didn't revolve around magic for once.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2004, 04:07:25 AM »
Yeah.  I'm looking forward to stomping some people with...EVIL SUPERMAN!
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2004, 11:23:07 AM »
Yeah, I saw the look on your face last time when you heard there was such a being... :)

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2004, 11:36:26 AM »
Sadly, I won't be in attendance this month, but it's on the schedule for June.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2004, 11:38:06 AM »
I never intended to override the party or anything. I had heard that Magic was one of the possibilities, though, and I thought I'd see how much support there would be for a trial of Emperor Magic. That can wait until the 25th if need be, though.

(Not that I won't still be bringing decks/trades, and if other people happen to have brought theirs as well and want to play after we've done Heroclix ect...well I can't be held responsible for that.)
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2004, 11:51:37 AM »
speakign of trades, let me know if you're looking for something (sadly, I do not have NEW cards) and I'll try to bring those which I have. I will *not* be bringing my whole collection, as I have to live for a week out there. Also, let me know of "cool things" (defined in the barter thread) that you think I might want, and I'll try to bring something to barter for them.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2004, 11:57:26 AM »
We probably better scoot that segment over to the CCG bartering thread. Sadly, I didn't bring my rares with me, so I won't be able to add much to my previously-made list of things I have for trade for a little bit.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 11:57:46 AM by Prometheus »

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2004, 12:00:47 PM »
Sorry Prom - I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought you were forcing MtG on the party.  I think it's cool if you get an emperor game or something going, and I'll bring a 100:3 deck in case that's what everyone wants to do.  I just wanted to say that it would be cool if there were other options too.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2004, 12:49:38 PM »
It amuses me how hard it is sometimes to get what you really mean across on a forum board. I have that problem all the time.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2004, 02:11:31 PM »
Alas, the perils of written communication.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2004, 09:55:29 PM »
I know you don't have any new cards, SE, but I want Relentless Rats. I'm just telling everybody.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2004, 01:33:27 AM »
It seems like a Heroclix game is foremost on people's minds, so I'll work up a simple scenario and maybe a hadful of teams--anyone who has their own figs is free to bring a play a team, but everyone else is free to use whatever silly theme teams sound fun to them. Do you guys want a free-for-all or a couple of player alliances? EUOL's already spoken for his figs, but does anyone else ahve any requests? I'm thinking that maybe a group of people playing the JLA could be fun, but I'm open to anything. Ideas are welcome.