Author Topic: review: Zathura  (Read 1520 times)

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
Re: review: Zathura
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 06:59:37 PM »
I loved the movie Jumanji. I would like to see this as well, after the favorable review. Though, without Robin Williams and Bonnie Hunt, I wonder if it will keep its appeal. Gibbs said he did like the adult actor who plays the astronaut--some guy whose name I can't remember. Anyway, I hope I get a chance to see this at some point.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 10:33:30 PM »
Meh. I decided not to see this movie a while ago precisely because the commercials made it look like a remake of jumangi. If it has already been done, don't do it again. Unless of course you can add a completely new spin or it is a sequel. Note: I would not see a sequel to jumangi and, being in space is not a big enough spin in my opinion
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 10:35:25 PM by OneEyedGreenPerson »
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 12:47:31 AM »
Having read both the books and seen both the movies - I think they're okay for who they were trying to impress.  The books are fun to read to elementary school kids to get their minds thinking, what would I do in this situation?  And the movies are fun as well, though not really anything like the books.  Of course, I went into Zathura expecting less than nothing for the show, so I have to take that into account.  Still, I enjoyed it for what it was worth.
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 06:33:22 AM »
I saw it and liked it.  The main differences from Jumanji is the game is a 2 player space game, but its about two brothers and I so I liked it more I think than the first (cause I like shows about brothers I guess).  The giant robot was also pretty freaky looking I thought.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.