Author Topic: Dawn of the Dead  (Read 1410 times)

Sminja

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I'm the productive one!
    • View Profile
Dawn of the Dead
« on: March 28, 2004, 01:32:29 AM »
Ok, so there's this new movie out called Dawn of the Dead. Seen it? Let's talk about it. In my opinion, it was one of the worst horror movies, probably even one of the worst movies altogether, that I have ever seen. The main character has no scene in which she says a total of like more than 6 or so sentences, and all the one liners are so cheesy that I think the writers took them form a big book called "The Big Book of Cheesy One-Liners." Anyway, It's very disturbing at parts, too, but not in a "Oh my god I'm scared" sort of way, but more in a "What were the producers on when they made this" disturbing. Seriously. Don't see it. Unless you want to see it to know what I am talking about, or just to laugh at the hilariously funny parts that are supposed to be serious. There's a bloated zombie girl, and I thought she was pretty funny...and the movie has no closure at the end. If y'all would like, I'll spoil the movie for you since your probably not going to see it. Anyway, post your thoughts, opinions, etc. on this movie here...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 01:32:53 AM by samdaman360 »
"Look, if we're gonna cooperate with anyone at a time like this, it might as well be that hot chick over there!"-Cliff, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of the Dead
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 02:14:43 AM »
You do realize that 1.) this was a remake of a CLASSIC movie, and 2.) you're seriously in the minority of people who saw it, and didn't like it.

Perhaps your criteria for movies is a bit skewed.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Sminja

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 02:22:19 AM »
Even if it was a remake, it was poorly done. Just because I haven't seen the original does not mean I can't make judgements like this about it. If I said they transitioned it badly or something, then I couldn't make judgments about it. Minoriy of people who saw it and didn't like...sorry, my brain's fried right now. does that mean that most people who saw it like it, or not many people saw it and didn't like it, both, or what. Yes, your right, perhaps my criteria for good mives are a bit skewed, but to each their own, right? Anyhoo, thanks for responding, I am glad to be productive and on topic here at Time Wasters!
"Look, if we're gonna cooperate with anyone at a time like this, it might as well be that hot chick over there!"-Cliff, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 02:42:55 AM »
My take on it, is that I don't even like the premise of it.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2004, 02:48:26 AM »
I've never really liked remakes, so i doubt I'll even see it plus, zombies are the only kind of monster(other than the scissor man, dont ask) that scare, i dont even know why tey scare but they just do, maybe i have necrophobia...
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

Sminja

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2004, 02:50:22 AM »
Necrophobia? Is there such a thing? Fear of the dead..or darkness invloving things...or what?

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2004, 02:52:25 AM »
i think it's just fear of dead shtuff.
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/