Author Topic: Nation States  (Read 15349 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Nation States
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2004, 10:50:51 AM »
So I bar-coded my citizens yesterday. Y'know, for their own good. (read, so I can keep track of any treason)

Then they have the nerve to indicate they want less dictatorship.

Ingrates

Then my brother, the minister of finance, suggests I know what's best for my people. I'm sure I do. But I'm really doing it because it's fun.

Now, why do I even HAVE a minister of finance?

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2004, 12:55:51 PM »
It must be some sort of virus.... I must say when my brother the Baron Count Buchenwald XVII brought it up over dinner I nearly chocked him with my own hands... thankfull I had an automaton next to me or I may have had to get dirty.
But what a stupid resolution... after all I already force my population to vote at gunpoint, thats real democracy.

On the other hand my government is taking meat to make animal cruelty less appetizing....
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2004, 01:50:22 PM »
I thought that I made it clear that this wasn't about democracy. It's about me.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2004, 02:18:21 PM »
I started making nations having to do with our TW(i)G setting.

I've done Tyleria and Bask (had to make up variations on the names because they were being used by someone). Question is, do we want to just put them in Procrastania (where they are now) or would anyone be interested in doing an Azmoth region in addition to Procrastania? (in which case other people can make nations to go along with the write ups we've done or will do soon)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2004, 06:20:59 PM »
umm ok, I realise this can be fun.  But do we realy need to have everyone with multiple countries?  JP has 2, SE has 3 and there are still a few that I don't know who belongs to who.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 06:21:11 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2004, 06:45:07 PM »
I only started a second because I wanted to muck around with the UN. But I agree it gets confusing. Maybe we should create a list of who owns everthing.

Mine:

JamPaladin - My UN, Anarchist one

systemJammers - my personal, poor one.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2004, 06:59:41 PM »
I only have 1. I'm only interested in having one.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2004, 07:36:05 PM »
I was interested in trying a few different approaches and seeing what issues I got
Plus I wanted one in the UN.

I'm running:
- The Theocracy of Ehlers (mine) where civil rights and personal freedoms are "unheard of" but the economy is still strong

- The Republic of Free Trade Bask which is completely business centered. This is the one I hope to enter into the UN

- The Empire of the Tylerian Empire, which is going to try and be expansionist and hardline without being intolerant. This one is the only one where I've dismissed issues.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2004, 07:54:49 PM »
How about we limit it to 1 country per person in Procrastania? That way we don't have any real confusion, since others only see your main one, and you can get on with the other ones as you will.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2004, 08:06:22 PM »
I don't see why it matters. We removed the password so anyone could come in. And each country has a different personality, so it's not like you're dealing with a person anyway. If we wanted to just chat, we can do that here. Besides, the people with multiple countries, are JP and me. JP's are both very obvious. My main one is VERY obvious, and I'm just told you about the others, which are all themed from this web site. *shrug*. I guess I think there's no reason for such a rule.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2004, 08:08:40 PM »
What is there to get confused about? I don't advocate everyone having three nations, necessarily, but I don't mind some people having two. It's not like having more gives you an unfair advantage or anything.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2004, 08:12:46 PM »
there's no real problem right now, but if for somereason we start more seriously keeping track of trade and possible wars this could give unfair advantages to those that have multiple.  But I'm basicaly not even going to deal with others non main countries for right now, makes things less confuseing for me.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2004, 08:22:12 PM »
eh. I look at it as role playing. I dont' see ANY reason to keep track of trade or wars. Plus my nations have different philosophies, and very little reason to stick together in a war.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2004, 08:42:57 PM »
Mine are sort of similar, but in the interests of fairness, they won't be in any way assisting each other beyond, say, a total Procrastania alliance or something. I am trying my best to keep them seperate - if you have an alliance with system, and then go to war with Jam, I'll most probably have system aid in attacking Jam. As I said, I only have two to play around with the UN. I'm not there for unfair advantages.

As for wars, if you look around the forums you get some good ideas and programs on how they tend to work. Generally, you figure a 5% millitary, and then decide on how many tanks, infantry support etc.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2004, 11:30:02 PM »
Well, this goofier than any goofieness that I know of has rekindeled my appetite to play Earth 2025 again. So, I have signed up and am now on my second day of playing. Man do I still love this game. Not that Nation States isn't cool... it just lacks a better approach to things.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo