Games > Table-Top Games

Huh?

(1/4) > >>

42:
This article is basicly the source of my confusion:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ms/20030606a

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
Yeah, I don't get it either. Are they trying for D&D clix or soemthing? 'rare' figures and such? ANd they dont' mention Chainmail, which I thought they were still using for the D&D-esque mini wargaming line. When I buy a mini for an RPG, it's so he'll look like a specifici character, so I dont' want to buy "random" figures. That would be lame. What's that about?

Entsuropi:
It appears WoTC are attempting to use their brand name to take over the clix market (which is, it should be noted, a lot different from the warhammer market).

It should be interesting to see how this goes. Wizkids are very firmly entrenched now, but WoTC are at the very least a lot bigger than them, and probably bigger than Games Workshop (although chainmail, which i assume was their answer to warhammer, didn't do that well... its probably easier to do clix minitures than to do decent 28mm models that will sell well and at a profit).

Oh, and Saint "Rare" refers to the likliness of picking up a specific miniture. What is likely, is that... Goblins & orcs - common. Trolls - uncommon. Beholders - rare. Get the idea?

Fellfrosch:
Wow. They tried to compete with GW and died, so now they're trying to compete with WK. Good luck. The models look overly simple, and the painting ( I have to assume that they put their best work in the web gallery) looks like very early Mage Knight. I think people will buy it, since the WotC stamp of approval is bound to do something, but it's never going to be a serious competitor with WK because they won't support it nearly as well--they might try, but we all know they won't.

Entsuropi:
I wonder if they have decided they cannot really do more in the RPG market, so they are trying to expand out into similar markets. Unfortunately noone told them that messing with the bigboys of the tabletop market is not very clever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version