Author Topic: Writing Group 2  (Read 60754 times)

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Writing Group 2
« Reply #240 on: May 24, 2006, 06:18:12 PM »
My advice is to join the writing group. We desperatly need more members.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

caiticlu

• Level 4
  • Eat Babies! - A Modest Proposal
    • View Profile
    • Llamoo
« Reply #241 on: May 24, 2006, 06:21:40 PM »
Surely, Id love to, what does that entail? gimme the details and Im all in (forgive me for not reading 15ish pages of past posts haha, I skimmed though!)
And with that... May your days be bright and your contact with stupidity limited...

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 24, 2006, 06:48:40 PM »
I sent a story out. It's not the next chapters in the novel. It's a short story I'm prepping for the publisher rounds.

I didn't get it.  :(

Caiticlu - The writer's group meets 3 times a month, Thursdays at 7pm (MST) online, via MSN IM. They read one submission per meeting. You can submit a story for discussion after you've attended a couple of times and have proven that you'll stick around.

Here's  a typical schedule:

http://www.vanessakchristenson.com/writersgroup.htm (Hint: This thread follows writing group 2.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 11:35:03 PM by MrsNessaC »
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 24, 2006, 06:51:12 PM »
Details are as follows:
We meet every Thursday at 7:00, except for the once a month break that we just implemented. (It falls on the first of June this time)
We need your e-mail, prefferably MSN or something compatible.
We switch off who is submitting every week.

So, yeah thats pretty much it, though I'm sure someone else could point out anything I may have missed.

EDIT: dang it Nessa, why'd you have to beat me to the punch!? Every time it happens, I never get to answer questions. Grrrr.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 06:53:08 PM by OneEyedGreenPerson »

caiticlu

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • Llamoo
« Reply #244 on: May 24, 2006, 07:02:33 PM »
Cool, I can do that

Im not sure whats msn compatable, but I dont have msn.. I have hotmail, aol, and yahoo... I can get msn if need be...

Ill stick around :) Ill be in Scotland for a couple months, but I can do it from there Im sure.
And with that... May your days be bright and your contact with stupidity limited...

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 24, 2006, 07:04:38 PM »
I meant a compatible IM, and besides, MSN and hotmail are almost the same thing, you just have to pay for one.

caiticlu

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • Llamoo
« Reply #246 on: May 24, 2006, 07:05:50 PM »
ah, shows how much I know about that...
so my hotmail [email protected]

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2006, 07:11:10 PM »
Sounds great!

Tehee, SE misses everything, always posting at six in the morning. I, on the other hand, get the best of both worlds.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #248 on: May 24, 2006, 11:20:27 PM »
i post at 8 am. It's not my fault you're in the wrong part of the country.
Caiticlu, I will add you to my mailing list tomorrow. I will send you a copy of my story tonight
Nessa, you didn't get it because you aren't an official member of Writing Group 2 (The Writing Group Which Must Not Be Named) and I thought you only wanted copies of the Ungrith rewrites. I'll forward this story to you now though.

more for Caiticlu:
To meet with us you *must* either install MSN Messenger (already on there somewhere if you have XP) or another messaging program that will accomodate them (like Trillian. Your hotmail address/pass will log you into the MSN IM network, so you don't have to sign up for anything else. We'll meet tomorrow night at 9pm Easter, 6 Pacific, somewhere in between if you live in between them. I will eat ice cream and tell you all about it.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 24, 2006, 11:36:51 PM »
Nessa, you didn't get it because you aren't an official member of Writing Group 2 (The Writing Group Which Must Not Be Named) and I thought you only wanted copies of the Ungrith rewrites. I'll forward this story to you now though.

Got it. Yeah, my husband works late tomorrow, so I'll have time. He won't be here to be annoyed that I'm attending a writing group not my own. I just thought I'd help you guys out with attendance until the group stabilizes a little.
And maybe, if you're all lucky, you'll get the second draft of my novel. Eventually.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 11:37:18 PM by MrsNessaC »
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

caiticlu

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • Llamoo
« Reply #250 on: May 24, 2006, 11:52:44 PM »
Im all set there, I have trillian :)
I wont be around tomorrow night at that time (I thought it was not going on tomorrow?) I have a previous engagement, but later in the evening (like 11 midnight) or another day.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 25, 2006, 09:40:03 AM »
I thought it was not going on tomorrow.

The schedule was pretty clear, I thought. Don't confuse THIS group "Writer's Group 2" with "Abridge Speculists," which is the other group, which meets on Tuesdays and is on a temporary hiatus.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 09:42:12 AM by MrsNessaC »

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 25, 2006, 11:14:34 PM »
Yeah, and about that name.... or lack thereof. We've gotta do something about that.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 26, 2006, 02:04:25 AM »
I think it would be fun to have a fairly depressing name, and then be all happy and cheerful when new members show up. Why? Because its just so strange it's funny.

caiticlu

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • Llamoo
« Reply #254 on: May 26, 2006, 04:00:05 AM »
Details are as follows:
We meet every Thursday at 7:00, except for the once a month break that we just implemented. (It falls on the first of June this time)

ah, I was going off of this... I will take another look at the schedule then