Author Topic: Internal Dialogue, An Essay  (Read 2840 times)

Necroben

• Level 14
  • Fell Points: 0
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
Re: Internal Dialogue, An Essay
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 02:27:57 AM »
I agree jwdenzel, in one of my submission's it had been noted that the voice and style had changed dramatically.  As a result of focusing on too many other opinions, I failed to stay with my own style.  Like you said, "...use whatever style you want..."  But to add to it, use what your comfortable with.  Go with what you know.
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

Frog

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • "Have a popover, Froggie!"
    • View Profile
Re: Internal Dialogue, An Essay
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 04:15:27 PM »
Just be aware of WHY you're doing it... you need to be able to bring something new to the table with your creative work.
I can agree with that, so I think it is safe for me to declare the argument officially over. As far as I am concerned anyway.

I also think that what you add to the table can be different too. I am big on psychology so while my plots/races may not be overly original, I think that my takes on it will be original enough for me to find an audience someday (in my dreams), though probably a younger audience than this one. Most of you seem to be big on original story and content which is good stuff too and another reason why I think having tons of authors and styles is a good thing. We are all bound to bring something different to the table and I have found things to enjoy about many of them. Its just the ones I feel took no thought to any of this stuff that I tend to get irritated with. Those that are just coping for coping sake, like others have said.

I agree with what Necro is saying too, which is unfortunate side effect of critiquing I think. I try to be objective, but in the end, my style and my own research is all I really have to fall back on. We are all supposed to be learning together though, right? And all your stuff is awesome so don't let anyone tell you different. ;).

Hopefully at least some of that was on topic... but I may have to call 'can of worms' on my self if I keep going so I'll leave it at that.
I've already conquered the world. This is exactly the way I want it.