Author Topic: December Word War  (Read 7217 times)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: December Word War
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2008, 06:18:59 AM »
I know I have tons of plot holes, but I'm ignoring them.  I'm also not allowed to delete anything unless it's that I've written myself into a corner.  Because of that I've gotten a couple of nice plot twists that I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten before (such as my mc nearly getting beaten to death, and now her getting a title)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Silk

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2008, 06:22:09 AM »
I know, right? It's inconsiderate of them.

Heh, having a day to myself like that is actually fairly rare for me... but as long as my job leaves me alone, I'll have more of them now that school's out and most of my other activities will probably drop off as people get lazy over the holidays.

I spent most of NaNo ignoring plot holes, but I don't think I can anymore. I've sort of hit a point where an external problem needs to start informing the characters' actions more than it has been... And that's where all the plot holes are...

Dount Cooku

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2008, 06:13:24 PM »
Hey, at least you guys are still writing now and then.  I haven't added a word to my NaNo since November 29th when I broke 50K.  I'll finish it eventually...at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2008, 06:14:31 PM »
Haha. Oh, don't mistake me. I haven't either.

...Yet...

Just you all wait until Friday. *shakes fist*

Ahem. Seriously. Yeah, I've opened the document and looked at it a few times, but haven't actually rewritten anything yet.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2008, 06:34:04 AM »
The main thing that keeps me going and actually makes me want to write is the fact that I have to get this done by the end of may if I want my book.  So I'm hoping to get it done by then.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2008, 07:57:21 AM »
I've written another 1368 words.......Makes me happy. I'm finally getting back into writing my book. It's awesome. Right now I'm just rewriting what I've already got, but once I finish that and move onto actually writing, rather that re-writing, I'll really start racking in the word count.....Hopefully.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2008, 03:01:24 PM »
Unfortunately the computer I type on doesn't even have Microsoft Word...right now I am using something called Rich Text. And so, it doesn't have a wordcount. Unless I copy my documents over to my flashdrive and put it on my desktop computer, I have no idea how much I have written. So I just go by number of kilobytes...I've added about 10 kilobytes in the last day or so.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2008, 05:18:40 AM »
And I've got another 3243 words written. I feel mentally exhausted now. It kind of sucks....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2008, 01:39:46 PM »
Alright, so that was pretty lame. 2457 words written. I might be able to get a bit more work done on and off tomorrow, but I don't know if I'll have a chance to get online and update my word count before then if I do... I might come back sometime Jan first and let you know. Don't worry, I'll be honest. ::)