Author Topic: December Word War  (Read 7215 times)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: December Word War
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 08:39:18 AM »
It's completaly fine.  I think everyone is out of it after nanowrimo.  I won on the 22 (I think?) and I was supposed to continue writing 2k every day after that.  However, I've written the 2,525 that you see. (Give or take a few words in notes and junk from before)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Silk

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 08:48:06 AM »
Hey, by  day 3 of NaNo I had 387 words. Just to put things in perspective. ;)

Hayley

• Level 6
  • Things are meant to be the way they're gonna be
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 02:29:39 PM »
*waves* If there's still a space open on Dec 4th, I'll join.....

Might give me a kick up the rear to have something done by the 15th ^^
"The rats on the street
They dance around my feet
They seem to say" Hayley "It's up to yooooou!"

Duel! All the cool kids are doing it!

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2008, 05:46:12 AM »
You're totally welcome to join in.  I don't think there's going to be a "not welcome" ever.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2008, 10:14:26 PM »
Okay, the "try and hit 30k in 24 hours" thing has been moved to Tuesday. I think that's my next day off.

Sigh...

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2008, 10:34:02 PM »
It's bad enough having Nano one month of the year, and now you want to continue it into December, too!
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2008, 10:35:38 PM »
Speaking of which....I got another 170 words written....At this rate, I should be at 1000 by the end of the month...Lame.

And it's to finish the novels that we weren't able to finish for NaNo....Not that I really tried to last month, but....yeah.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2008, 10:47:43 PM »
Exactly! My novel's probably going to be another 50k before it's done, so why WOULDN'T we have a word war to keep ourselves going?

That said, I should go actually... yanno... write. I haven't written anything since Sunday.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2008, 05:38:01 AM »
Speaking of which....I got another 170 words written....At this rate, I should be at 1000 by the end of the month...Lame.

And it's to finish the novels that we weren't able to finish for NaNo....Not that I really tried to last month, but....yeah.

You write just about at my pace, wilson. I don't know if I should be happy of that fact or just be disappointed about my progress.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2008, 05:40:34 AM »
I haven't looked at my latest count (too busy being distracted by Detty fanfics... *blushes*  And does anyone know why those stupid combined names even came to be?)  But I'm pretty sure I've got another 2k.  Although, for a week I should have 10k, which kind of sucks.

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2008, 06:00:53 AM »
You guys think you're sad, just look at my word count for the month so far. Isn't it a whopping total?

::)

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2008, 06:07:25 AM »
I thought you were supposed to do 30k words today....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2008, 06:13:30 AM »
I was, but I have to finish this assignment due tomorrow, and I don't think I'll be able to write 30k in 24 hours without taking another crack at those plotholes I have to fill... stupid plotholes.

Thinking I might finish the scene I left off on during NaNo tomorrow/Thursday, and take another crack at the marathon writing on Friday. Provided my employers don't go changing my schedule, that'll be my next day off...

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2008, 06:15:40 AM »
Good luck.  I'd join you, but I never have a day to just sit and type.  Most of my day is spent working, or taking care of my family.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2008, 06:16:09 AM »
What's up with those plot holes slowing writers down? Seriously, the nerve of those things.... ;)

I need to write more....I think I've written like 2 words since the last post I made.....and I deleted about 20, so I'm being more unproductive than anything else right now. That's not good.