Author Topic: December Word War  (Read 7214 times)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: December Word War
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 07:23:43 AM »
What is your user for the website?  I want to add you as a writing buddy.

I think I've found a site that will work.  The only thing is that I'll have to make the graph each time.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Silk

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 07:32:08 AM »
It's at http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/447071

And augh, that's a pain. Times like this I wish I knew more of computer programming than "if ... else".  Some of my friends could probably whip up one  of those things that updated itself, easy.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 07:33:58 AM »
That would be tons easier.  I used to know Java well enough to do it, but I fell out of pratice.  Are you willing to see if any of them can come up with something?
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 07:40:29 AM »
Heh. I don't actually expect to talk to either of my programmer friends until January when school starts up again, so...  (One lives in another city, and one I just ... never see...)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 07:42:11 AM »
Hm.  Well, I have a few programmer friends myself, so I'll bug them.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 07:43:32 AM »
My dad might be able to put something together...Or help me put something together. It'll be two weeks at least, though....I won't be going home next until the end of the semester...
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 07:45:34 AM »
Oh, and I noticed the nano word buddies. If you want to add me, mine is http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/407012
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 07:46:52 AM »
Sweet.  Well, I'll ask my friends, and if they can't get anything we'll go with that.

I'll add you.  If either of you wants to add me, I'm at http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/434598

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 08:02:18 AM »
It's too bad we couldn't just make a post we could all edit. I mean, graphs are nice but I think even seeing all our word counts in one place would be pretty effective.

I mean, Rose, you could just edit your original post, except it'd be a pain in the butt to have to do that for all three of us...

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 08:03:22 AM »
I wouldn't mind actaully.  That seems simple enough to me.  That way if it takes a while to get the graph we could still see the numbers.

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 08:10:36 AM »
Haha, okay. Yeah, it's definitely the simplest approach. Just would be more efficient, and probably a bit more accurate, if we could each do our own. XD

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 08:14:25 AM »
So just post it, and I'll change the main page when you do.  That way we can look back and see who did how much each day, as well as see the over all totals.

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 08:16:40 AM »
Sounds good. You might want to write that into the first post too. That way anyone who wants to join us doesn't have to fish through the thread to see how it works.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 08:17:18 AM »
Good idea.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 08:36:52 AM »
I know this is a tiny amount, but it gives me something. 131 words. I would write more, but I'm tired, and I need to get some sleep....